I built a better boo box

lew

One of the main problems with being a musky fisherman is the baits are so darned big, it can be a probem storing and transporting them all the time.

I converted my live well to a bait storage box and usually have anywhere from 70 - 80 bucktails in there, but I also use alot of large boo-tails anywhere from 10 - 13" long and was running out of places for them and couldn't find a decent box to carry them in, so I figured if I can't find what I want, I may as well build it.

Nice easy project to build and the price was only a fraction of what a musky box big enough for these 35 boo-tails and large spinnerbaits would cost me.

22" X 13" X 14" with 1/4 inch rods to hang the baits on.

The air holes are to allow circulation for the mariboo to dry when I'm done with them for the day.

Cnv1857.jpg

Still room to add a few more baits.

Cnv1867.jpg

And I even found some jewellery to decorate the box with :thumbsup_anim:

Cnv1862.jpg

It'll sit on the front deck right in front of the console and will be much easier now that I've got them all in the same place.

Nuthin fancy, but it's a nice little project to work on and I thought some of y'all may be interested ;)

Next project is finding a spot for all the body baits :lol:

Very nice Lew. Is the bottom set into the sides and are the vertical corners butted, lapped, mitered or rabbeted? Finger joints or dovetails would be just too too. Just curious.

Regardless, very pretty work. Put a handle on the lid and I'll take two.

Edited by douG

Awesome Lew........................awesome.

That new box of yours just relieved a large headache for me as to where to put all the Boo-tails.

At best, storage is right out front of you on your wind screen, at least to manage better drying for the Boo.

Storage + Drying..............= Priceless

You know I have more Bootails then I need and this is just what the doc..(Lew), ordered........

I'll have a system in place similar when we meet up this comming fall....(w/eddyk), should-a had a patent on it....you'll know it soon as you see it Bud.

Again Lew.........very awesome idea....that box of your'n will keep them tails from flying off your screen into your face and at the very least and even more important..('cuz you can always duck them flying).........is that they'll be ready to use just when you want them..niceNdry...........WTG Lew......WTG