Lakair 2009 G2G

Roy

Gerry, it's a low angle ramp with cement patio stones leading into the water, then it's a firm dirt bottom once you get in the water, but you shouldn't have any problems.

You might want to call Lakair early though.....like now..... and see if you can reserve a dock for your boat. If you read the start of this thread, you'll see where our mods have changed the normal date for this trip and now were gonna have to share the facilities with another large group of people, so docking space could be at a premium, if available at all.

Our normal weekend was wide open, but now that we'll be there with the other group, things could be VERY crowded, unfortunately.

Edited by lew

I'm thinking of joining up with you fine folks but need to know what kind of ramp they have. Can I launch my rig there?

Gerry I have no issue with mine. Just be sure to stay straight in with the patio stones.. do not tuck beside the dock. That cost me a trailer light thanks to a rock in there. :angry:

I spoke to Kevin last week to confirm my attendance. I'll be coming up thursday a.m. and staying until I receive the "crayola cup" for pike mastery. I asked Kevin about dock space which likely will be tight. He figured they's likely yank some of their rentals out of the water to free up space as most of the people that week-end own boats.

Thanks Wayne.

Lew, thanks for the info but I'll be staying at my brother's at West Arm or at the in-laws in Sturgeon Falls so I won't need a cottage. Of course, I might need a cab (or wheelbarrow) to get me back to my brother's place. :blink:

Unless my teaching assignment is cancelled I won't be attending. I'm in front of a class until 4, then packing up materials etc and will be an hour away from home.

Guess I'll have to make other plans to collect my jigs from Dawg. :D

Probably someone from close by will be attending (like Slowpoke). Mebbe I can twist his arm to play courier. He only lives an hour away and if I play it right I might even get out on his boat.

JF

Hi everyone, only 8 more weeks and if you would be so gracious as to allow Amy and me to be considered part of your gang we'll be there with bells on, well heck, we're gonna be there anyhow so you'll just have to deal with it. This weekend is the start of pickeral here in northwest PA, it surely isn't like being on the west arm but our local water will give me a temporary fix anyhow. Really looking forward to meeting all of you and swapping a few stories. They worked so well last year we're bringing our baby duckling musky harnesses again this year. I made some design changes to the harnesses so now you can even cast the little critters without beating them up too bad.

Edited by doubleheader

They worked so well last year we're bringing our baby duckling musky harnesses again this year. I made some design changes to the harnesses so now you can even cast the little critters without beating them up too bad.

Isn't that why the little beggars have wings?

JF

I will finally be able to attend an outing with all of you and I look forward to it. I will look forward to sharing fishing knowledge with some of the best outdoorsmen/women in Ontario. I will be coming from Sudbury and have booked a tent site for Thursday to Monday of the weekend. My brother and my son will also attend.