Technical Support . . . .

Photoz

:wallbash:This is a very touchy subject, I'm just wondering if ANYONE else out there has the same problem when calling tech support about your computers . . your software . . . or anyplace else to get assistance? When I call Sympatico, I'm CLEARLY asked what language I wish to use . . . . to which I reply "ENGLISH," and I think I should expect to GET someone fluent in ENGLISH? A couple weeks ago I started having problems accessing HOTMAIL, which happens time to time. After a week I called, went through all the menus, including specifying I wanted to deal in ENGLISH! I got a guy with such a heavy Asian accent that I had to ask several times, each time he spoke, to figure out what he was saying. I finally gave up and hung up. Still couldn't access the site today . . . called again . . . same thing, another VERY heavy accent . . . rather than go through the hassle I just said "Sorry . . wrong number," & hung up, and called back . . . this time I not only got a female with an accent I couldn't place, she was also trying to set a speed record for how many words a minute she could spew out. This time I explained at least 10 times she would have to talk slower, but after asking her 4 & 5 times to SLOWLY repeat herself, I just said I'd call back later. I will be calling Sympatico tomorrow to complain . . . but I highly doubt this will do much. I'll be watching the newspaper, for a story concerning 'farming out' our jobs overseas, and I'll be sending a letter to the editor, about these companies adding insult to injury, by not even supplying us with English speaking reps, for help. Don't get me wrong . . . these people gotta eat, and are likely working all day for what we get paid per hour. Does ANYONE else out there have this kinda problem too . .. or am I the only one? :dunno:

There not even in Canada its in India. I have canceled everything from them except the internet and phone, why pay $50 a month for a sat when you can get it for free! Nice to know that Bell CANADA doesn't even support it's own Country! They are supporting the Terrorist! You can call a million times and they will tell you same thing off there script, please unplug and reboot modem. I have heard calling the French hotline and then speaking English to them will work and you will get someone from Quebec, I guess the Arabs haven't learned French yet! Whats next Canada Post is gonna outsource to Japan?

Guest skeeter99
There not even in Canada its in India. I have canceled everything from them except the internet and phone, why pay $50 a month for a sat when you can get it for free! Nice to know that Bell CANADA doesn't even support it's own Country! They are supporting the Terrorist! You can call a million times and they will tell you same thing off there script, please unplug and reboot modem. I have heard calling the French hotline and then speaking English to them will work and you will get someone from Quebec, I guess the Arabs haven't learned French yet! Whats next Canada Post is gonna outsource to Japan?

actually canada post is outsourced about 5 years ago to a company called innovapost

** I bet nobody knows about this one***

I was working on their IT contract at the time and everything got changed over to new letterhead etc. except for the post offices and mailboxes

wait till you call revenue Canada and they don't speak English

she kept asking me something and I had no idea what she was saying

they would not talk to me because I couldn't tell her what my Poe toe toe was

well after I got someone who spoke some english and he asked me what my postal code was and I had the right answer they would talk to me

dang it makes me mad

Edited by Terry

Zebco, that is one of the things that we might think, but really, there should be a louder voice inside your head that says saying ignorant crap like that is hurtful, judges many from the actions of the few, and wrong.

Many IT and call center jobs are performed in Mumbai and Bangalore. No terrorists from these modern cities have done a nasty. It sounds like you don't even distinguish between Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus, let alone between Muslims and Islamisists. Anyone from over there is a terrorist.

Shame on you. Bad Zebco. Anyone not like me is a terrorist.

If you read the paper, you would know that all terrorists come from Saudi Arabia, and all Saudis are terrorists. Thank goodness we don't outsource to Saudi. Or to Holland, the Dutch are the worst.

http://www.mahalo.com/Mumbai_Terrorist_Attacks Ya I think they sound pretty friendly

http://indiainteracts.com/columnist/2007/0...ith-the-Causes/

"Quite" when I'm ahead? Sorry For my opinion I will quit on this subject, it just makes me mad in times like these with so many Canadians out of work we have to send our work to other countries that are Barbaric and are allowed to kill there daughters and wives.

Guest skeeter99
http://www.mahalo.com/Mumbai_Terrorist_Attacks Ya I think they sound pretty friendly

http://indiainteracts.com/columnist/2007/0...ith-the-Causes/

"Quite" when I'm ahead? Sorry For my opinion I will quit on this subject, it just makes me mad in times like these with so many Canadians out of work we have to send our work to other countries that are Barbaric and are allowed to kill there daughters and wives.

sorry for your opinion, it's this kind of attitude in the world that is causing the problems, we are no more barbaric western nations pushing there values and beliefs on other nations, hell we slaughtered all the indians is that not barbaric or terrorism, step in to year 2009 not 1965

there is therapy available

looks of good drugs on the market see your doctor

or call up sean avery he might have some contacts

Edited by skeeter99

I have had the same problem too many times .These days I push #2 for the french option its a pleasure for me having french as a second language.

Its nice too have a conversation with someone in my own province .The person on the other end of the line told me many english quebecers opt for the french option to avoid the confusing conversation overseas.

Enough is enough return the jobs to Canada :canadian:

I have had to make calls in the past to sympatico....but hey I'm so green with computers that I knew I was likely a good source of frustration for them as well....so...with a few jokes and some chuckles we managed to get through it....chatted a bit about their life in India and mine in Canada....and when the one young lad inquired if I had other computers in the house (which I do for my son / wireless) he asked to speak with my son and made sure that all was good with his computer as well....nice people.

It just takes a bit of patience on both ends....I was warned beforehand about how frustrating it was to call and so when the day came that I had to, I was on guard....but it was very different for me....I had excellent experiences and like I said, lots of laughs. Can you imagine the abuse they have to take on a daily basis and still be professional and polite....I wasn't comfortable with being called 'maam' and asked them to please call me Nancy and I in turn asked for their name. That alone set a different tone.

Give it another try but know beforehand that you will be online for a bit and just be patient and kind. Yes they have an accent...but they do speak English.

I'm just happy when they answer quickly; I don't care where they are from or what their native language might be.

I've found that most are completely professional and patient with our inane questions or asking them to repeat themselves.

I would imagine staffing a 24 hour call center in Canada would be an enormous task and companies might be opting for overseas options for more reasons than just cost saving.

I only get offshore tech support when i call during off hours. ...so i try to call during normal daytime hours and it generally works. I'll get somebody who's obviously strong in english or french if i call before the early evening. For a while, most call centers were outsourced to companies in Que, i don't know if it's still true. There were times back a few years ago when I had to call after getting home at 12am or 4am, and i always got an east indian person. I don't waste my time doing that anymore. As a few of you said, I don't think they know anything beyond the scripted checklist they're given on the screen. Another thing i've noticed now is they don't bother running through the script with me at all anymore. I blew up at them a few times going through their ridiculous routines so i think there must be some extra CSR comments on my account. hehe give it a try. :D.

Ya younge ben ya now an clotesac! Doonder mar eve op!

Yi can zak o blazen et pipya hont er bi.

I am half Dutch, which means I got called every Dutch swear word there was. I may not know how to spell them, but I remember them! (fondly I might add)

Jim

Edited by Radnine