Ice Fishing Report

Joey

Well, after a indecisive morning with the freezing rain, we ended up going to meet up with Chuck and Shelly for a nice day of fishing and chatting.

The weather was great once we got up there and there was definately a good 4 inches of black ice.

We set up our new Clam and proceeded to do a jig :lol:

DouG and Emil were also there, and apparently we just missed Brian (Misfish).

Shelley had one on for awhile, but lost it :blink: And other people were catching all around us, but none for us today. Maybe tomorrow :thumbsup_anim:

A poor little fox was roaming around looking for handouts also. Poor thing had mange or something. Check out his tail. Some guys were giving him minnows, another gave him some pepperoni and I gave him a piece of chicken. He sniffed at the chicken, then left it, went back to the pepperoni, took another piece, buried it in the snow, then grabbed the chicken and made a mad dash for the shore, as if he wanted to eat that prized possession in private :D

Here's some pics.

med_gallery_17_7_102703.jpg

gallery_17_7_36574.jpg

gallery_17_7_5029.jpg

gallery_17_7_40966.jpg

gallery_17_7_27166.jpg

gallery_17_7_108028.jpg

gallery_17_7_137654.jpg

med_gallery_17_7_148484.jpg

gallery_17_7_33031.jpg

After fishing we headed to the Markham Swill. No wonder I'm tired :lol:

Cheers,

Joey

Gawd i am so jealous....I am yet to get out on the ice....Looks like you guys had a great time.... :thumbsup_anim:

Joey do u know if its a little quieter through the week to fish lake simcoe? Would really like to venture up they're one day through this coming week.

Hey Joey, glad to see you guys made it out and managed to meet up with a couple of people. I won't venture out unless the ice is closer to 12" :P .

Nauti, I expect it's much quieter during the week, all the weekend warriors are back to work.

Maureen

well that looks like a great get together out there on the lake,it looks like everyone was having a great time.. :thumbsup_anim: .hey even the fox with the bad tail :blink: and a good appetite,i wish fishergirl and i were there as well,we are going real soon for our trip to bancroft for lakers...cheers everyone :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Joey...you got out there and gave it a try! That's the important thing. You had a much better chance at catchin fish that I did...I was at home all day...LOL.

It was great meeting you and Tybo at the Markham swill...hope we'll all meet up again some day.

Well saddly yes I missed ya J,but the new boots I bought were well CRAP :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Im sure there will be another time. Fish biting in the afternoon...............Who woulda thunk it :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

BTW,keep yer eyes peeled on road signs of douG. I believe he will be the new poster boy for P3TA..................My dad kills fish. LOL

Good seeing you all out there that I seen anyways. Real nice to see chuck out there,hell he was even pulling out there sled.

Til next time............................................ Sour krout on a gueeg (sp?) Awesome

Edited by misfish

It was nice talking to Chevy and Lady Walleye again (its been a few years!), and nice meeting Doug and Misfish for the first time. Thanks again Chevy for showing me the aqua view - wow, that's definately a great toy for ice fishing.

We managed to get 3 whities, and 1 laker all between 11:30 and 1:30pm - lost another 4 or so halfway up the hole. The key was the massive crowd leaving - it was too noisy with the many spuds, gas augers and even the axes hammering away at the ice every few minutes. Anyways, it was definately great to be out and to be catching whities and lakers again. We'll do it again this week!

Day's Catch

eae8bac7.jpg

WHOO HOOO!

eae8b7c9.jpg

Cheers,

~Ryan (John Kimble!)

P.S. - I'm back home for good now, just finished my 1 year contract in the states as a Marine Biologist- YEAH! Let me know if you want to hook up anytime!

Great to see old friends again, had a great yak with misfish. And yes, sauerkraut on a gweech - I call it 'The Moistmaker'.

I am saddened that no one has stepped up to photoshop a nice laker there in my photo with Tybo. I did my part, anyway.

Thanks for the post, Joanne.