Innisfil Report

Joey

As mentioned in my previous thread, we planned to meet up with Muskybill in Innisfil today.

The drive up was not pretty and as soon as we got on the highway we were behind the plows. Not a bad thing, but it made a slow drive even slower.

3208175916_fe5b667211_b.jpg

We found Bill right off the bat already set up in about 45 feet of water, so we set up and started fishing.

The snow did not let up most of the day, as shown in this pic of Paul, who BTW, got the first fish AND outfished us all :o

3207330775_e0f71d8318_b.jpg

Bill doing a jig and having a laugh.

3208176672_3b131227a1_b.jpg

Visibility was low, can't even see Fox Island, but there were alot of people out there.

3208178416_47762ee3c1_b.jpg

Couple action shots of Bill catching some Perch.

3207332527_eb0f8ed84c_b.jpg

3207333403_fb1d46cbe4_b.jpg

There was about 8 inches where we fished. Which was a bit unnerving when a truck kept driving by and making the ice crack and moan :rolleyes:

3207334793_48dfda74bf_b.jpg

Our take home for the day :thumbsup_anim:

3208182892_ae1a39ae6a_b.jpg

AND, the drive home...... <_<

3207337329_18f027d3e7_b.jpg

3207338691_a3dc5b4b20_b.jpg

We got one for Team 5 tho :thumbsup_anim:

3208343866_28511003bf_b.jpg

It was a pleasure Bill. Look forward to seeing you at the Tyler Fundraiser.

Joey

Great report and pics Hosette!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim: ... I've been waiting for this report all day!!! :rolleyes:

Good on Paul for catching and outfishing y'all today!... every Dawg has his day yanno!!! :thumbsup_anim:

What's that stuff on Bills face???... did he forget to wash again? ;)

Did y'all see Jose?... or did he wimp out? :asshat:

That volcanic ash is pretty nasty this time of year eh? :wallbash:

That killer Perch is a good start to the tourney!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

I got there just after 6:30am and was blasted by snow.

I walked about 400 feet and drilled my first and only hole.

Set up my hut and began to fish right off the bat started to catch fish.

I was on 15 feet 15 to 20 feet of water and did well all morning long.

I did keep my eye out for Bill and Joey but never did see much.

As i was leaving i saw well over 200 huts on the ice and people just kept coming in.

Good to see you guys hit some fish and will see you at the fishing for Tyler on the 14th.

it was a nasty day out there

I turned back, never made it to Waynes

glad to see you guys made it there and back safely

what's with Paul catching fish on the ice

my whole universe is going upside down ....LOL

Ya, I just read your report, I don't blame you. I questioned why we were out there on the road a few times. It was not fun.

Wayne, that's not much ice at all :dunno:

Joey

I got there just after 6:30am and was blasted by snow.

I walked about 400 feet and drilled my first and only hole.

Set up my hut and began to fish right off the bat started to catch fish.

I was on 15 feet 15 to 20 feet of water and did well all morning long.

I did keep my eye out for Bill and Joey but never did see much.

As i was leaving i saw well over 200 huts on the ice and people just kept coming in.

Good to see you guys hit some fish and will see you at the fishing for Tyler on the 14th.

What a bummer we missed you. We thought you had a change of heart due to the weather.

Joey

I was the second Person on the ice in the morning from the parking lot but by the looks of it i was the very first hut you would see closes to the shore.

One thing i try never to back down when it comes to fishing even if it means driving in a blizarred.

I would have loved to stay longer but at 10:30 i packed it in and headed home for a birthday party.

For all that fished with out huts i have to say you are true die hards and my hat goes off to you all. :worthy:

Yup, the snow never let up, from some point yesterday afternoon.... :rolleyes:

Definitely took a lot longer to reach Innisfil than I had planned. I had one lane to drive in for 101.2 kms, according to my trip metre. I believe I hit the parking lot at 7:30, & I couldn't believe I'd already been up for 3 hours, & STILL hadn't cut my first hole!

Anyways, I walked out a bit further than I usually do at Innisfil. You can see someone's headlights from the parking lot on shore in the background...

Innisfil09002Small.jpg

I kept my eyes open for Aile Goby, Joey or Paul, but the snow was really coming down, & I knew I'd be in tough to find anyone.

I cut my first hole, applied my 3 minnow spread (one on bottom, one a foot up & one, two feet) & before I could get up to cut my 2nd hole, I had my first Perch of 2009 landed, & sent back.

I got my 2nd hole cut, but before I could send down the breakfast invitations, I heard someone say "There's Bill right there!", & sure enough, Joey & Paul had found me!

After a brief poop chat, Paul got some holes cut, & we were all fishin'...

Innisfil09009Small.jpg

Twice, I caught 2 at a time...

Innisfil09004Small.jpg

But the biggest of the day went to Joey with this chumbawumba...

Innisfil09005Small.jpg

I had to pack it in at noon, but it was a fun & busy morning to be sure. Too bad we couldn't see you Aile Goby, next time for sure.

As always Joey & Paul, thanks for the great company, & see you at the Tyler Tourney, or sooner.... :Gonefishing:

Hey, thanks for the report. I'm surprised there isn't more ice there. We were out on wed/thurs mid lake and there was at least 12" everywhere. I actually measured it with a tape too!! One spot had almost 15"!!

Good on ya's for getting out there today, it was a nasty day to say the least!!

Sinker