Truck goes through the ice!!!!!!!!!

Gee, I don't know what the problem is I was driving all over the lake this weekend and didn't have any problems. :dunno:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it could it be the three feet of ice on our lakes up north. :whistling:

A truck did go through the ice at the gravel pit in October though. :blush:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Hey... at least this guy was smart enough to keep the engine above water... That takes skill to keep the heavy end up.

I drive on the ice in Temagami.... so I'm not gonna comment about this guys Ford and his bad luck/adventure.

I hope none here that are handing out "awards" ever drive on the ice. It's always a possiblity no matter how thick the ice is thanks to vent holes and people that like to rip across the ice. Under 20KPH is a good speed when ice is at minimums and ANY time when within a 1/4 mile of the shore access point... otherwise the shock wave under the ice will blow out the ramp access area. Window down and seat belts off as well.

And 24/7.. do you have first hand knowledge the guy was drunk... or just the verbage you read on fish hawk of them finding the owner at the motel later that day?

Edited by irishfield

And 24/7.. do you have first hand knowledge the guy was drunk... or just the verbage you read on fish hawk of them finding the owner at the motel later that day?

Yeah! Maybe he went and got drunk AFTER realizing how many truck payments he had left!! :clapping: :clapping:

I think I will reserve any sort of judgement for when I see the real story for myself. I do not trust 6th hand information off of the internet.

As far as I can tell they found him in his motel room after, not at a bar. So he probably went to warm up and make a plan. Maybe he was smashed, no one knows. I am just happy the guy is alive, that way people would not be calling a dead guy an idiot for there own satisfaction while his mourning wife is stricken with grief.

Anyhow, have a lovely day.

Soon as those front wheels touch the ice is that the end of your insurance coverage :dunno:

Would be an expensive recovery.

I'm told it depends on your insurance company.... but there is absolutely nothing in my policy that says I'm not covered if I'm not on an "official" road. If that was the case you wouldn't be covered on some subdivision streets, parking lots, your laneway etc.

..and that video is hillarious (not for the owner). Pull the truck out upside down... and then break it in half using the skidder. Watched all parts of that last week.

Edited by irishfield

Soon as those front wheels touch the ice is that the end of your insurance coverage :dunno:

I suppose if you called yer insurance company and said, please provide me with coverage necessary to cover my vehicle if I go thru the ice, they would adjust your policy accordingly.