Are Electonics turning Fishing

danbo

Fiishfinders make the fishing experience a lot better in situations. When the skunk is on and I see all those fish down below I feel better knowing that it was skill and not chance that was keeping me from catching. I feel more motivated to go out the next time.

GPS: allows more fishing to take place during the day and increases the learning curve.

Nothing worse is the blind leading the blind around a lake. That being said fishing is lazily pleasant and a fun puzzle to figure out.

forrest

Wayne your sign says it all bro !!!!. :whistling::canadian: ..my grandad ran a fishing loge for over 35yrs,long before any fish graphs or GPS !!!!...and he always found the fish,and knew by the weather,and certain signs in mother nature,when & where they would be at any time of the year !!! even the M.N.R. used to contact my gramps about net placement and for taging and stuff,he used to always amaze me when i was a kid...so i was lucky enough to learn old school as well as the new way with all the gadgets & gizmos....but ya know you can have all the fancy stuff you want but if the fish sometimes wont bite,well no gadgets can make them,and with todays time constraints,and busy life,i wish i had all the time in the world to fish,but i dont,so those gadgets help me narrow down,and refine the search for my fishing time on the water !!!!....and i really do think i could still be a succesful fisherman without all the goodies !!! it would just be longer & harder,but im stubborn so it would be ok !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I grew up with a compass to get ya back to shore if the fog rolled in on LSC we never used anything else until dad got a plug to tell ya what the temp was at the end of the string.

Living in Sudbury we would find structure and fish it but I tell ya it was great when the later 80's came around and we bought the first fish finder it sure did make life alot easier we could hold the structure and breaks I love them and am getting more this coming year.

I would rather play virtual reality on the water then on the couch bring on the new gadgets we cant have enough.

I am trying to recall the number of of boat caught fish pics vs shore fish caught by Kemper. :whistling:

No all boats are equipted with GPS, and fish finders... :whistling:

What does that mean MTBF? I was only noticing that I can't recall Kemper ever posting a pic of a fish he caught on a boat.....I guess one could use a fishfinder in a running river :blink:

Why wouldn't someone equip their owned boat with a FF or GPS ? When they

-fish from shore most of time

-can't justify the cost of one

-know the lake well

-fish small areas only

-fish rivers

-fish infrequently

-oh yeah...fly fishing guys

Who is fishing a large body of water without either a GPS or fishfinder to make it more sporting?

forrest

Edited by forrest

What does that mean MTBF? I was only noticing that I can't recall Kemper ever posting a pic of a fish he caught on a boat.....I guess one could use a fishfinder in a running river :blink:

Why wouldn't someone equip their owned boat with a FF or GPS ? When they

-fish from shore most of time?

-can't afford one?

-know the lake well?

-fish small areas only?

-fish rivers?

-fish infrequently?

Who is fishing a large body of water without either a GPS or fishfinder to make it more sporting?

forrest

lol, well he's beside a boat in his avatar, close enough :P

I found my answer on Ice Shanty forum..

alright put it like this... u DONT have a flasher u walk out on a lake and drill a hole and sit..is there anyfish there? are u in weeds? or a rocky bottom ? u wont ever know b/c u dont have one.. some one else walks out on the lake they drill a hole and put there vex in and they see no fish so they move on till they find them wile u sit there with ur thumb up ur @$$..

i wont go fishing with out mine..