Met Survivorman

Governator

I like his show in that he is his own cameraman. I can really get under my Wife's skin when shes watching Survivor or Big Brother and i tell her that there is a camera crew around them with lights and makeup as well as a perimeter fence and the animal scenes are shot in a zoo. Very Realistic!

There's not a whole lot on TV that I like anymore, but Survivorman is an excellent show and one that I never miss. Watched the episode yesterday where he was stranded up in Alaska while doing a kayak trip.

I've been wanting to see him do an arctic show in the dead of winter but haven't seen anything like that yet but I think it would be really interesting.

There's not a whole lot on TV that I like anymore, but Survivorman is an excellent show and one that I never miss. Watched the episode yesterday where he was stranded up in Alaska while doing a kayak trip.

I've been wanting to see him do an arctic show in the dead of winter but haven't seen anything like that yet but I think it would be really interesting.

Geez Lew. You just finished saying you liked the guy. And now you want to send him to the Arctic- in the winter? :huh: Bit of a mean streak do ya? :lol::lol:

I watch the show as well.

I'd really like to see him over turn a boat in cold water and survive. He'd need some good camera gear, but it sure would be interesting!!

Or how about a snowmobile breakdown when its actually winter and cold?

Sinker

Or how about a snowmobile breakdown when its actually winter and cold?

Sinker

I guess he already did one better sinker when my buddy Peter dropped him off to fake the crashed airplane scenario in Temagami. Pretty sure Les wouldn't have made it out of that one if his helicopter hadn't picked him up when he "timed out".. while walking the wrong way down the lake .....he wasn't headed for town/highway etc! :oops:

Edited by irishfield

I guess he already did one better sinker when my buddy Peter dropped him off to fake the crashed airplane scenario in Temagami. Pretty sure Les wouldn't have made it out of that one if his helicopter hadn't picked him up when he "timed out".. while walking the wrong way down the lake .....he wasn't headed for town/highway etc! :oops:

I watched that episode too. Not bad, but there were a few things I would have done different. I would have been eating rabbits everyday no problem.....I dunno how good of a trapper he is, but there were lots of rabbit tracks and he only got one or 2?? They've got to be the easiest thing to catch in the winter with a snare!!

I also would have set up my camp, and stayed put until someone found me. It makes no sense to travel in the winter if your lost......just set up shop, and stay put. Someone will get ya after a spell :)

Sinker

Love his show. Like to see more episodes. Also, do you guys watch Man vs. Wild. Also very good show.

Survivorman is a great show! Man vs. Wild on the other hand is not. Often times he tells you do to things that are completely ridiculous in a survival situation. Ex. Drinking your own urine, or climbing up a cliff of slippery rocks right at a waterfall. Also Bear Gryllis (man vs wild) has a camera crew with him and apparently spends his nights in resorts/hotels. I saw The Hour about a year ago with Les Stroud on it and he basically criticized Bear and called him a fraud...

Need an example...

I'll second the Man vs. Wild fraud. The guy has a crew with him that I'm sure share some of their food and water. Mind you, he eats things that 'would make a billy goat puke' a la Rambo. Les Stroud on the other hand does it completely solo. Snaring rabbits may be easy when you have commercially available snares, he's doing it with a stick and a rock like the cavemen did. It does not get more realistic than that. It's a good show that people who spend time in the outdoors should watch on occasion to learn a few things.

Survivorman is a great show! Man vs. Wild on the other hand is not. Often times he tells you do to things that are completely ridiculous in a survival situation. Ex. Drinking your own urine, or climbing up a cliff of slippery rocks right at a waterfall. Also Bear Gryllis (man vs wild) has a camera crew with him and apparently spends his nights in resorts/hotels. I saw The Hour about a year ago with Les Stroud on it and he basically criticized Bear and called him a fraud...

Need an example...

I'm not saying it is not fake. Just that he has some good survival tips. Also as much as i love watching Survivorman, don't you guys think Mr. Stroud is all he's cracked up to be either. He always has a safety crew just incase.

He always has a safety crew just incase.

...well geez...it is just a TV show...nobody wants to see the guy die out there.

Then everybody would be sayin "what an idiot, how could he go out there with no safeties in place?"

Les has a crew, but they are far away like 1-5km away at a camp. He has satellite phone to call in case of emergencies. That still impressive imo and I feel like I learn something while watching his shows. They might not be as exciting as man vs wild (Which is just hollywood) but they are addicting to watch for some reason.