Huge Rainbow, Huge musky

GbayGiant

I'm sure some people seen this rainbow, but I think it's worth lookin at again. :D

-We expect this Rainbow Trout to be certified as a "line class" World Record Rainbow trout.

-The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources is in possession of the original Trout, the Vendramin's have a reproduction mount over the fireplace.

-The weight was certified using an Ontario Post Office scale.

-The Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters verified that a 40.68 pound rainbow trout, caught off the shores of Killarney in Frazer Bay on September 21, is now an official Ontario record fish

-The International Game Fish Association official All-Tackle Rainbow Trout world record is 42.2 pounds from Bell Island, Alaska, in June 22, 1970 by David Robert White. The "IGFA" record application package for the world record was accompanied by both a professor from the University of Washington and a biologist from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. Both of whom, positively identified the fish as a rainbow trout.

-Previous Canadian Record was held by, GEORGE A. HILL of KOOTENAY LAKE, BC : 35.12 lbs 1/25/1976 The Canadian National Fish Registry : TROUT, RAINBOW (Inland)

-The previous Ontario record was held since the spring of 1975 by a fish weighing more than 29 pounds taken off the mouth of the Nottawasaga River flowing into Georgian Bay near Wasaga Beach

gallery_322_145_794.jpg

gallery_322_145_7663.jpg

And this huge 61" musky was caught and released near the same area just north of my fishing grounds. I need to find some of these next year, I know there out there, now it's the ofners time to reel some in. :w00t:

med_gallery_322_145_33961.jpg

Just once it'd be nice to see someone post a picture of a huge musky without all the "experts" picking it apart.

No wonder so many folks don't post their pics anymore.....me included.

Good point Lew.

You try to share something and others see the need to scrutinize it.

Just enjoy the photos and keep the opinions to yourselves.

Nice Musky!

Corn Nug

Just once it'd be nice to see someone post a picture of a huge musky without all the "experts" picking it apart.

No wonder so many folks don't post their pics anymore.....me included.

I know what you mean, and it looks legit to me, plus the angler released it and wasn't looking for any attention any way, and the rainbow is allot more outta proportion if you ask me, but no ones questioning that ? :blink:

Anyway Lew, we believe you :thumbsup_anim: don't stop showing us those beauty fish.

No worries Gerrit, it's hard to tell when people are kidding or not because people have been questioning the size of muskies since the very first one posted on the net.

You would need a certified scale, tape measure, 100 pictures from every angle and a holly priest fishing with you to confirm the size if you wanted people to believe you. :angel:

Edited by GbayGiant

That rainbow is a freak of nature!

I saw the pictures in the paper when it was caught....A little jealous am I.

I think they confirmed it as an farmed escapee, but who cares....if thats what the escapees become I say let em all go!

That Ski is a beauty as well...definatley took advantage of the "length pose"

but again...who cares you can tell how big and beautifull it is regardless.

Again...jealous am I