NF: The weather man says

Cudz

Not sure who is doing the forecasts but we have been getting dumped on since about 5 pm. It is now 1 am and it is still coming down. There must be close to 12 inches of snow. I live on a hill and I see that there are 4 cars parked at the bottom of my street unable to make it up. I just got back from the fights and driving is brutal. I guess these things can just sneak up on you. Anyone to the south getting snow?

Edited by Cudz

i just got back from toronto rained all day in toronto and finally left the city at 9:30p.m. From Bass Pro to Orillia it started to snow the plows weren't out yet and lots of cars doing small fish tales and pretty much 60 all the way home. It got worse from Ducksworth to Orillia what a brutal drive. Got home at 11:30p.m

Edited by ohhenrygsr

All we got was rain yesterday and this morning there's a few flakes of snow coming down here in the Ottawa Valley :Gonefishing: I guess the inevitable winter weather is slowly creeping up on us :wallbash:

The forecast this week shows a few day high temps of below zero...guess I'll head out for some Muskie huntin' this afternoon and tomorrow morning before having to pull my "gal" outa the river and put her to sleep for the winter :(:(:(:(

Grass is still green though this morning :lol:

20081116_0001_1.jpg

Snow blowed the driveway already. Thick and heavy. I would say close to 12 inches and it is still snowing.

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

In Ottawa - Hull, tempature @ 2C with 26Km/h winds from the Ouest, -2C with the windshield, had a few flakes come down earlier but that's it.

Talkin' trash like that is a good way to wake up with a yardfull :asshat: -hole deep to a tall Giraffe Jacques!!! ;)

Ya I know Glen.... me bad :(:D we had the same weather a couple of years back and found myself snowblowing heavy slush for the first fall in early October..... that's even before deer hunting :w00t:

Opps forgot to mention..... love your new sig by the way B)

Edited by Leechman

took the kids tobogganing today. Its terrible...the older you get, the heavier they get. Few trips dragging them up the hill and that was enough for me. dang lazy kids full of halloween candies

Well if you did that,you must of broke down and bought a blower then eh? :whistling:

I survived the first 2 winters without a blower...last year in February I cracked (best money I ever spent and I got really ripped off!)

LOL

I grew up in Barrie but moved away for about 15 years. Just before coming back I lived in Abu DHabi and Dubai for 8 years. My wife is from England and 2 out of my 3 kids were born in the middle east. Although I moved back in the summer, the first thing I bought aside from a car was a snowblower. Just like Rizzo says it has been the best money ever spent. Has been a must for the past 3 winters, especially last year.

Well I just drove from Picton home... Barrie on was tretcherous and power is completely out for everyone from 400/93 until Penetang... except for the village of Wyebridge.. a few in Midland and the town of Penetang. Based on broken trees/ power lines down and sagging lines waiting for a tractor tailer to snag... I don't imagine that we'll be on the grid much longer here. We have over a foot of snow in the yard! :w00t:

Edited by irishfield

About 10cm here in Kitchener. Was supposed to go to work at 5 am, woke up and looked out through my window and thought it was a bad dream and went back to bed. Woke up two hours later realized it wasnt a bad dream and still had to go to work.

Bummer of a day really