Whispering Pines Lodge Lake Simcoe

Clampet

I also read the same article. No way they could have not known if the story is even remotely correct. Although it is possible the story is completely wrong I doubt it.

They won't see any of my money unless I see something convincingly to change my mind.

Rick

I read it today as well...noticed in the comments section that there is another Whispering Pines on Rice Lake that is getting some nasty phone calls and emails.

My uncle used to run the Whispering Pines on Rice Lake. The new people there are good people, not sweatshop owners, lol

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Businesses that don't play fair really tick me off. Not to hijack this thread, but http://www.ocoa.ca/Pages_MNRnews/index.htm is the conservation officer's association website and they list convictions of individuals and businesses. You'd be surprised at how many companies have been convicted that one may have dealt with, such as William Kitts, owner of Temagami Marine, who has been convicted 3 times for altering the shoreline. I suggest a quick browse for companies you may be considering.

ok

maybe I am still missing something

Shirley Bollers owns Whispering Pines Lodge is that right

and where is anything in a statement or facts about her not just statements from Manuel......

Heron Lloyd Tait of Jinkholm International was the nanny broker and the do have some stuff from her.....so what is it I am missing

so again..if it's true ...it's more then nasty

but I like more then a angry ex-employees statement before I convict anyone...call me crazy

I called Whispering Pines because I visit there very often. It is a clear and simple case of the owner caught up in the misdeads of a bad agency and an immigrant not wanting to return back to her country. The place is nice and the owner is great. Basically she took the lady in because a friend that hired her did not require the service. Then instead of the agency sending her back they asked the employer to find a job for her and she did with her friend at the Inn. The owner never knew the legalities of the process, and when she told the agency she did not want the service and let the lady go, she then claims she was abused and over worked??? Your right....something smells fishy....easy citizenship!!

I called Whispering Pines because I visit there very often. It is a clear and simple case of the owner caught up in the misdeads of a bad agency and an immigrant not wanting to return back to her country. The place is nice and the owner is great. Basically she took the lady in because a friend that hired her did not require the service. Then instead of the agency sending her back they asked the employer to find a job for her and she did with her friend at the Inn. The owner never knew the legalities of the process, and when she told the agency she did not want the service and let the lady go, she then claims she was abused and over worked??? Your right....something smells fishy....easy citizenship!!

Although I'm a little suspicious of the whole ordeal, the above statement carries little weight with me from a first time poster. Why this their first post? Damage control?

Any business owner that has been in business for anytime would know or should have reasonably known the employment rules.

The above two posts happened while I was typing & cooking supper. But than I only type with two fingers also.

Edited by Woodsman

I would say something is fishy all right.... this being you're first post..

G

I'm with Girrit on this one, but I'm going to keep looking at this in the paper/news for updates. The Star is not a rag and probbaly will stand behind what they wrote.

Lets face it, there are people / companies in all industries out there willing to get as much as possible for their money, it will never end knowing very well that few will complain.

<_<

caught that report as well--sad to be sure--if there is some validity to it all--quite frankly disturbing

i do not have time for this nonsense--is not a response that one would expect on the surface

as far as 'Fishermnsfrds' first post is concerned--how transparent is that--hiding in plain view dude?

have had absolutely no conatct with Whispering Pines Simcoe to date--not--on our US referral list--clearly will never make the grade after this kind of press

Thanks Paul for bringing this to the boards attention

Cheers

Paul

Hate to play devil's advocate, but how does the amount of posts one makes define whether or not they are a reliable source of information?

I don't have an opinion on the subject either way. I do believe basing judgment on only a newspaper article is very biased. Half the time their information is wrong or embellished.

Hard work, long hours, and low pay... welcome to the world of being an immigrant!!! :rolleyes:

Did this woman have to work this job?... no!

Should she have spoken up?... yes!

How long would it have taken y'all to figure out this wasn't a babysitting job?.... the first day?

This woman needs to hug her ex-employers neck for just making her do honest work, and teaching her a life lesson!!!

Some female immigrants a forced into much worse lines of "work".