Another Fantastic Day on Sturgeon - with Fishnsled!!!

ccmtcanada

We hooked up with Fishnsled for a day of fishing today. When I talked to Fishnsled Friday night, we didn't have a target species or even a lake picked out....LOL. Bly and I arrived at his place at 530 this morning. When he asked if we decided where to go, we just laughed. We narrowed it down to either Sturgeon Lake or the Tri-lakes. Fishnsled got a coin and it turned out to be heads.....Sturgeon Lake was our destination.

The weather forecast earlier this week said rain on Saturday, but by Friday, it said only a 20% chance. As we arrived at the boat launch it started pouring. Here's Bly surveying the launch......

01raining.jpg

As we headed out into the lake, the rain lets up...Fishnsled and I start rigging our rods and Bly is throwing a big spinnerbait. Fishnsled looks up and says "Oh..starting out big early??" Literally 2 casts later, Bly yells "FISH ON!!!" It's a muskie....and a fair sized one too!

Here's a pic of her bringing it in....

02muskiefight.jpg

Here's the 'money' shot...her new PB measured in at 38 inches and had a healthy 15 inch girth. So...two weeks ago, she had yet to catch her first..and now this is her 4th....when she decides to catch something...she doesn't fool around....LOL.

0338inch15girthmuskie.jpg

And back she goes...to swim another day....

04release.jpg

The rain was off an on all morning long, but nothing all that driving that it chased us from the lake. Besides...the bite was on, so we didn't mind at all! As far as we were concerned, the sun could stay behind the clouds all day long. Here's some of the other fish we caught in these conditions....

My Bass....

05cliffbass.jpg

Fishnsled and Bly got into some Walleye....now filleted and in our fridge.... :thumbsup_anim:

06fnswalleye.jpg

07blywalleye.jpg

Then Fishnsled put on a bass clinic for us with a few nice ones....they weighed in at just a tad under 3 and 4 pounds. He also caught a bunch of smaller ones.

08fnsbass.jpg

09fnsbass.jpg

Then....Bly (now named Musky queen), hooked into another nice one! This one didn't jump like crazy like her others...but stayed deep right up until the end...this one measured in at 35"

10blymuskie.jpg

The sun started to peak out, so we had to head back to the launch to pick up Fishnsled's sunglasses. We took a detour at Big Cliff's place to say hi. While we were there, he treated us like royalty, giving us the use of this golf cart to boot over to the marina to pick up the sunglasses.....haha.

11golfcart.jpg

We left Big Cliff's place with the sun blazing....and the bite also turned off. I lost a few fair sized bass that I had hooked, and Fishnsled brought one to the boat.

12willbass.jpg

A bunch of nice sized panfish were caught when we downsized our baits....but the bigger fish were nowhere to be found.....

13bluegill.jpg

We got off the water around mid afternoon to make the trek back home. We had yet another GREAT day with Fishnsled. Lots of laughs, chatting, eating and of course fish. Can't wait to hook up again later in the fall....with Muskie being our main target!!!

Thanks Will! You wanna go chuck some spoons for salmon tonight??? LOL

Edited by ccmt

nice report, you better watch out for your wife now Cliff, she's gonna be costing you a fortune in $20 musky baits...not to mention all the rubbing it in on all the big ones lately :P , sounds like you guys salvaged a great day on the water, and sticking it out payed off. Go figure on Bly's big one of the day too...second cast...that's the way it goes with musky fishing sometimes, other times you can fish for a week and not get any.

thanks for sharing all the pics :Gonefishing:

ummm maybe you could use her on your team to add to your musky inches :whistling:

Edited by jwl

...not to mention all the rubbing it in on all the big ones lately :P

ummm maybe you could use her on your team to add to your musky inches :whistling:

I'm used to the abuse I get when she outfishes me....which by the way is a LOT...LOL.

Yep...I could use her on my team....but she's not in the tourney at all, so at least she can't hurt us...haha

Not envious here.

I just want your life.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Hey Grant!! Great to hear from you again....looking forward to fall piking??? I'd love to join you again on another outing!!

I'm used to the abuse I get when she outfishes me....which by the way is a LOT...LOL.

Yep...I could use her on my team....but she's not in the tourney at all, so at least she can't hurt us...haha

Hey Grant!! Great to hear from you again....looking forward to fall piking??? I'd love to join you again on another outing!!

WTG guys and gal but Cliff forget your team we could use Carole's help on our team.

Your way too far ahead.

MTP

Thank you everyone! It was a great day with great company, always a pleasure to get to spend time with FnS ( :whistling:) and Cliff & Sue :clapping: .

Cliff has no worries about me and $20 baits, I usually get a good deal at the local shops LOL

Lew's fish would view mine as an appetizer !! Thanks again Lew for the encouragement and words of wisdom.

LOL Joey, fish whisperess eh?

Thanks again!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! Was thinking of heading to Sturgeon for some smallies, but I think I may try for some largies instead! Congrats to Bly for breaking yet another PB.