Annual Algonquin Report PART 3 of 3

Ramble

Tattler08484.jpg

We weren’t back for long, when the rain set in again. We were warm and dry by this point. So we had an early supper and packed a few things for the trip out the next day before heading to bed.

When we awoke, the air was down right cold. We found out later it had gone down to about 5 Celsius that night, and frankly it felt like it. Thankfully it was clear and sunny…but I could have done without the breeze blowing. We donned our warmest gear, packed up and headed for home. Fishing along the way of course.

I came across this guy within the 1st half hour of the paddle out.

Tattler08495.jpg

Booth Lake Dam

Tattler08496.jpg

The portage out of Booth, was standing room only, and a cluster of canoeists prepared for the portage. We passed straight on by to the dam. Here we fired up the Coleman stove and ate the better part of a loaf of bread with peanut butter and jam for breakfast.

Afterwards we portaged over and shot the rapids down to the bottom. The high water made the trip faster, and easier then usual. Although that’s about as much water I’d like to be in the river with heading down stream.

Once at the bottom, the people had just got into their canoes after the portage. I must say…I prefer our way better…if only for the toast.

We headed on to the access point without a lot of action. We took our time and enjoyed the paddle.

We saw some nice water lilies in the morning sun.

Tattler08502.jpg

Tattler08503.jpg

I tossed the torpedo a bit with limited success. So I switched a favorite crank bait I’ve had for years, and found a small pike.

Tattler08504.jpg

We continued on and an eagle graced us with its presence.

Tattler08509.jpg

Before we were done we found a couple smallies, all on top water.

Tattler08532.jpg

For one of them I busted out the water proof camera case and went to work. I managed these pictures, which I am quite proud of.

Tattler08525.jpg

Tattler08526.jpg

Tattler08518.jpg

We packed the vehicle fairly fast, and had the usual 40 minute chat with the access attendant about all things wildlife and weather.

The trip ended up being a success despite the toughest fishing we have had since we started going, and the ever changing weather. I lost a lot of fish this trip. It seemed that I was getting every 3rd fish to the boat, no matter what I did. I switched between braided and 10 pound mono with no difference in the outcome. I switched baits, and played with drag. The fishing gods were not in the mood to make it simple it seems.

All-and-all we had a blast and accomplished everything we wanted to do. Can’t wait for next year.

Tight lines

-R-

Tattler08533.jpg

After reading all three parts, glad my clients cancelled this morning :D , I'd concider this for post of fhe year. The pictures and story were amazing!! :thumbsup_anim: I've never seen half of the plant life you captured, nice to learn something new. The fishing shots were great as well, love the underwater shots. :clapping: I was wonder what camera you were using and what kind of an underwater housing do you have?

Thanks for taking the time to put together such a fantastic report. :clapping::thumbsup_anim: