Who Has To Work Outside In This Weather ?

Eddyk

I used to repair broken water mains for about 30 years and regardless of the weather we had to be out there. The phone would go off and you would get up in the middle of the night and never give it a second thought no matter what the weather was like outside. Who else ?

Paul will be out in this this afternoon. They work outside all year long no matter what the weather. Gotta keep those containers moving :thumbsup_anim: He's on the afternoon shift, but I hear it's not going to get any better by then :unsure:

Joey

I used to when I worked at Toronto hydro, but usually it had to be an emergency for us to go out in this. Now I just drive in this mess, not as bad as being outside somedays, but then, I do have to go outside to get the customer...so I guess I kinda still work outside...

Maureen

I guess I should get out there and at least shovel the path from the back door to the workshop.....to make it look like I did something out there today! LOL

Guess I may need to plow the laneway as well...dang...

No Eddy...never worked outside during the winter...unless I wanted to...

I started working on the truck docks in 73, a roof but no heat, kind of like a wind tunnel, whatever it was doing outside you got a piece of. 20 below? ya on the dock too! Driving a tractor trailer and trying to keep some kind of schedule was interesting too. Still better than being stuck inside behind a machine or desk not knowing what`s happening outside.

:angel: 21 yrs as an Instructor on the TTC.Training Students to drive 40' busses.trolly coaches,street cars. worst part was coupling up disabled streetscars,handling steel bars in -20 and salty slush. Loved every minute of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah, right. Been out of it for 12 yrs now and dont miss it one bit.!!!!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I clean windows for a living.It's not nearly as cold as it used to be.Why I remember when :blahblah1::blahblah1: and the snow :blahblah1::blahblah1: !!

And I'm still chompin' to get out there for some ice fishin' and snowmobilin'. :thumbsup_anim:

Come on winter,get it in gear!

P.S. I just checked the weather for tomorrow,it says -19 for the morning...I think I'll get up late.

Kerry