Been Busy....New Wife, New Truck and some bassin'

Hey all,

I've poked my head onto the board here and there over the past few weeks but haven't had any time to post as I was swamped prepping for my wedding, then having the wedding and holidays, then getting back to work last week so I've got a few posts to make...

First off, I got hitched in my back-yard on August 2nd, we had a smallish 100 person wedding complete with a tent reception, fire, dance and booze a plenty!

The only stipulation I made in the wedding plans was that I got to go fishing the morning of my wedding... Talk about a hell of a way to start off your wedding day. My father, great uncle and brother (best man) hit long point bay for a couple of hours in the morning. I grew up fishing with my father and uncle but my brother has never gotten into it for some reason. So I was pretty stoked to get him out on the water....

It was only my second time on the bay, but we managed a bunch of smaller largies like this guy....

gallery_133_237_211.jpg

And my brother mastered the art of catching TWGS.....he was happy to finally catch something as he usually has "bad luck"

gallery_133_237_12759.jpeg

And the realease..LOL He's waiting out in the bay for you Rich.....

gallery_133_237_35783.jpeg

My Dad and Uncle both caught a handfull of largemouth as well so it was a great way start to the day....Nothing huge but it sure beats getting skunked!

We got married on "The Dock" which hangs over our back-yard pond.

gallery_133_237_158262.jpg

gallery_133_237_59876.jpg

Ginny and I were thinking ahead while finishing off our University Exams and decided to make our very own Flower Girl - my Daughter Averie.

gallery_133_237_19464.jpg

And we partied the night away with friends and family....

gallery_133_237_86799.jpg

gallery_133_237_89394.jpg

So a few days after our wedding Dave Mercer calls me up. (as most of you know I work for Dave Mercer Outdoors) And says "listen, I bought a new vehicle for my wife and they don't want to give me much of anything as a trade in on the old one, and I know you need one so I was wondering if you wanted it?" I JUST ABOUT LOST IT...he flat out refused in any way to take money for it. So, I picked up the truck, paid the stinkin' government their taxes for it, had a safety done and FINALLY after 6 years I have my OWN vehicle again. I wasn't sure if I was going to post that it was given to me, but Dave posts on here from time to time and I just figured I'd let people know just what kind of guy he really is. This was like winning the lottery for me.

gallery_133_237_77336.jpg

So now I don't have to load my boat onto the roof of my wife's car anymore, just load it into the trailer and away I go. Which is exactly what I did this past saturday morning. I've been dying to try pitch black buzzbait bassin' for a long time. It was a clear night and nearly a full moon so I was on the water @ 4 a.m. and had an awesome outing. I didn't get any giants but managed a good 20 fish before sunrise and a few more afterwards. Talk about exciting....you can't see anything, all you can do is listen to your buzzbait rippin' across the surface then SPLASH a largie smashes it. I'll be doing it again soon!

gallery_133_237_32414.jpeg

Notice the new Humminbird 597 GPS combo on Tooner (she does a whopping 4.2 MPH haha)

gallery_133_237_161000.jpeg

They started off small and got a little bit bigger as the morning went on....

gallery_133_237_23617.jpeg

gallery_133_237_50853.jpeg

I'm still working on getting good photo's with my mount...

gallery_133_237_10940.jpeg

And once the topwater bite died off I switched to senko's and got a bunch of these little guys....

gallery_133_237_52531.jpeg

Well this post is dedicated to my beautiful wife Ginny Bonin, for not only putting up with my obsession of fishing, but for still wanting to marry me after realizing just how bad it was!

gallery_133_237_11286.jpg

Good luck out there guys,

UF

Great report and congrats once again Ryan, some nice fish too!

When selling or tading in a car, many of us have often said "I'd rather give it away than accept that offer". It's not too often you find a person so generous and thoughtful to follow through. Well done Dave.

Ryan, be sure to be at Dave's side when he tades in his boat! ;)

-Brian

Thanks as usual for all the kind words guys...it means alot!

BRIAN:

I still can't get over the fact that Dave and his wife Sarah gave me the truck. The dealer only wanted to give them about 2 grand for it, and they're selling at around 8 grand privately. Makes no sense to me. And another thing is I don't understand how the government of ontario gets to charge taxes on a vehicle over and over and over! lol I'm the third owner of this truck as Dave bought it when it was a year or so old...it's now 8 years old and the government has made tax money on it THREE TIMES! I'm not complaining in any way but it just doesn't seem right to me...... I even tried to give Dave the $500.00 and pay $40.00 in taxes but they wouldn't let me...you have to pay taxes on what the government thinks the vehicle is worth!

Cheers,

Ryan