Camp Jiggy Jiggy Report

TJQ

Monique and I got up to camp without the kids for 3 nites. Got into a few back lakes and spent the first time up there without building anything, it was quite nice!

img_2103.jpg

I took this picture... we barely got to camp before the skys opened up.

img_2110.jpg

The bass were on for a couple of days.

img_2112.jpg

I had a chance to do some underwater video.. not much success this time.

img_2114.jpg

We managed to get to the boat I had put below the lower set of rapids... fishing is just as good as at camp!! Not much water but Monique cleaned up.

img_2116.jpg

She even let me catch a few.

img_2123.jpg

We tried a new speck lake... um someones gonna have to show me how to fish them... LOL..

img_2138.jpg

The second lake we went to was GREAT in three hours we must have caught at least 20 decent pike and them the last fish was this... Moniques personal best perch, on a red/brass spoon. We brought it back to camp, as she had never ate one before, so I cleaned it up and the fillets were just as big as a decent sized pickeral. I honestly think its bigger than any perch I have ever caught.

img_2152.jpg

img_2160.jpg

heres another little pond on the way into camp, that I'm gonna have to get on...

img_2153.jpg

The minnow traps were full of these guys... way up in the creeks.. I'm assuming its a ling... but I'm not sure.

img_2165.jpg

img_2169.jpg

A good time... bugs were fierce at nite and some more sun would have been nice, but hey what can ya do??

Thanks boss now I gots a woodie and need to get rid of it. I just love the reprots from the north that place is amazing I hope you can get some help on the specks I am sorry I could not be of any help LOL.

Please keep them reports coming they are great

Cripes thats a beauty Perch!!!

I'm soooo envious of that camp :worthy:

The Type of lake would dictate how I approach those specs I think...

I find it makes a difference in the how they feed...especailly once its hot

If its a kettle, or spring based lake, I'd bet the water temps will remain a constant cool...so I'd bet you'd hammer them in shallow cover.

Logs along shore in 6' + of water is what I would Target primarily with the usual small spinners(blue fox, Mepps etc), or small Rapalas

But....if you can get ahold of some crawfish, leeches or minnows I'd give them a run.

If its a steam or Tributary fed lake I'd take Musky or specs advice fer sure....shoals, and any "big rocks" that cast shade in deeper waters.

But...

Thats Just my $0.02 :blahblah1::D

Cheers,

Edited by Cookslav

Beautiful shot of the river, looks like nice water! There should be some decent walleye in that current...

Nice perch as well!

Not sure about the species I.D. without doing some research but I'm pretty positive it's not a mudminnow. Unless it's a sub species I've never encountered.

My first thought was juvenile Bowfin, but I don't think the lower fins are correct for that..

Cheers

There's something about your reports this year that's different.....I can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh yeah!! There's lots of fish pics!! Monique still kicks your butt as usual, but it's good to see you get into a few too. That's a sweet pike and a massive perch!

Great report TJ....glad to see you taking full advantage of Camp Jiggy Jiggy as much as you are this year.

....Right on, another good report from Jiggy Jiggy. The fish in question is definitely a ling

I dont think so shallow open water thats probably warm is not ling habitat. If its not a mudminnow it might be yoy( young of the year) bowfin

Something I found about young freshwater burbot

What is their life cycle? Burbot lay their eggs in the middle of winter under the ice, generally in January or February. They spawn at night in shallow water over sand or gravel. They do not make a nest - the eggs just drop to the bottom of the lake in shallow water. The eggs hatch after about thirty days and the young fish move into deeper water. Burbot have been known to live up to 20 years but most do not live more than a decade.