Junior's Rod Was On Fire (Bay Of Quinte)

It was that time of year to meet up with Cousin Percher for my 2nd year in July Somewhere in the Bay of Quinte.

I began the trip with a Saturday 2:15am alarm clock buzzing awakening :sleeping_02:

Hitting the snooze button until 2:53am.Finally dragged my old butt out of bed and proceeded to

wake myself up and then my 9 year old son Ryan.

We left our place in St-Hubert Quebec at 3:27am first stop off the 401 was the Shell station and Timmies in Cornwall Ontario.

We left the outrages gas prices in Quebec behind ($144.9)and gladly paid the $1.28 in Cornwall top off the boat and filled up the Minivan

$138 bucks later (OUCH :wallbash: )

Arrived early in the Boq and met up with(cousin Percher and Fishin Devil and his family later.

Well enough of the Bla Bla Bla and on with the pics.

Launched the fishin machine and proceeded to fish out five mins.and fish on it was a nice one until fish off :wallbash:

That spot shut down.

IMG_1507_1.jpg

Junior wanted to try out steering the trolling motor so I let him wind the 2hp up to 4.7mph while he steered the kicker via

the T-bar from the main motor.Time will come when he can drive the big motor.! minute of that was enough a screaming 2hp

is not relaxing.

IMG_1508_1.jpg

New spot and I am Happy but this was my only Eye of the weekend out of the 6hrs we fished.

IMG_1511_1.jpg

Junior was just getting warmed up.Ryan could not find his new Rapala sunglasses well Mom

told us Sunday night when we arrived that she found them in a pair of shorts in the washing machine

they were very clean.I found a pair of sunglasses in the minivan and my son had to settle for the John Lennon look.

He now claims they are lucky sunglasses :Gonefishing:

IMG_1512_1.jpg

Luckily we got our limit thanks to Junior but we threw one back to swim another Day we got out in the evening and Junior gets a better fish

to complete our limit of 4 I did get one of those :whistling:

Around 9pm Fishin Devil and myself headed in just before the big storm came in so we missed out on the night bite.

In the very little time we had to fish this weekend my son caught 8 Walleyes to my 1 eventhough some dinkers were sent back to swim another day.

IMG_1524_1.jpg

Father and Son

IMG_1525_1.jpg

My son with Fishin Devil's young daughter.

Now while us old folks were waiting for the Rain to stop Sunday Ryan my son and Fishin devil's daughter fished off the doc

in the pouring rain.I think its in the blood :whistling:

IMG_1544_1.jpg

IMG_1543_1.jpg

IMG_1545_1.jpg

IMG_1546_1.jpg

IMG_1547_1.jpg

IMG_1548_1.jpg

An 8 inch Dinker which went back to the BOQ.

IMG_1551_1.jpg

Percher and fishin Devil trolling.

IMG_1553_1.jpg

Fish on Percher net time for Fishin Devil.

IMG_1554_1.jpg

IMG_1555_1.jpg

Net time!

IMG_1556_1.jpg

IMG_1558_1.jpg

Percher and Fishin Devil heading in after a few nice ones while we continue to find fish after

a couple of dinkers.

IMG_1559_1.jpg

My little man with his new PB a 4lb walleye :thumbsup_anim:

Man was he happy.

IMG_1561_1.jpg

IMG_1562_1.jpg

Percher with a 5lb eye.

IMG_1563_1.jpg

IMG_1564_1.jpg

SkunkjpgforGlen.jpg

Now Sunday I ended up with this guy and believe me my boy reminded me all the way down the 401

until we got home after a 4 hour drive.He reminded Mom that she will be eating fish because of him not Dad.

IMG_1565_1.jpg

It was time to go home I wanted to stay but have to work Monday.

I didn't do so well but my boy was long overdue after many outings he was just picking up some pan fish.

He was due for a great weekend I was very happy for him and very proud of him.

Had a great weekend with family Percher and wife Sue.

Good to see you again Sean(Fishin Devil and nice to meet your family.

I will be back and the Skunk will go away .

I hope you enjoyed our july Bay Of Quinte report.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Thanks for the report MTP. Looks like all the junior OFNers have been on fire lately!!! Congrats to the Junior for his PB.

Sons always outfish dads ... don't think there's much dads can do to change that lol

Your boys smile in the pic with you... slight.

Your boys smile with Fishin' Devils daughter... intense.

The next day your boy spending quality time in the rain at the end of the dock with his new chick...... classic.

Your boy ain't gonna be a boy for too much longer. lol.

Hey Mike! What a great report! Your son certainly did have an amazing weekend....it's always nice to see the kids to the catching. My little one asks "What if I catch the biggest and most fish?". My answer is "I'd love to see that happen"...and I mean it!

Really good to see some fish caught...Percher had a nice one there, but this weekend belonged to your son.

I was fishing with Tracker and Skeeter on the weekend....and we talked about you a bit...saying that we haven't seen you around the board a whole lot lately. Makes sense...you were out fishing!! LOL

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! I look forward to being out fished one day by one of my kids!!!He sounds pretty hard core too fishing in that rain with the shorts and T-Shirt.lol Looks like he has got the bug for sure.Thanks for sharing.

Well thanks for the kind words and the compliments you all Gave Ryan.

He is finally coming off cloud nine.

He said it was his best weekend ever fishing and wants to go back to Bay of Quinte as soon as possible.

It was made his Day and we had alot of fish to eat thanks to the little man.

MTP :D:Gonefishing: