BIG JIM

BIG JIM

Hey Guys, just wanted to take a few moments to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the auction with Marc, and all the kind things that were said about me by a lot of anglers... it really has helped me along the way here.

I have always been the guy who carried the fridge or pushed the stuck car, it is just what I am and I nerver realized how many people I had touched in my life because of fishing.

Today isn't the best day, but as I have told many people I have a head like a cement block and don't intend to waiver to much throughout this event. My Dr's have told me never to lose my attitude and that it is among the best they have ever witnessed in their careers... I just have to keep the arrow on top of my coconut pointing forward.

Thank-you again...right from the bottom of my heart...BIG TIME...

Warmest Regards

BIG JIM :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Hey Guys, just wanted to take a few moments to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the auction with Marc, and all the kind things that were said about me by a lot of anglers... it really has helped me along the way here.

I have always been the guy who carried the fridge or pushed the stuck car, it is just what I am and I nerver realized how many people I had touched in my life because of fishing.

Today isn't the best day, but as I have told many people I have a head like a cement block and don't intend to waiver to much throughout this event. My Dr's have told me never to lose my attitude and that it is among the best they have ever witnessed in their careers... I just have to keep the arrow on top of my coconut pointing forward.

Thank-you again...right from the bottom of my heart...BIG TIME...

Warmest Regards

BIG JIM :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Jim,

I don't know you because I haven't been around fishing too long, but judging by the reaction from these guys to the news of your personal setback I'd say you must be a helluva guy. In fact, I mentioned the reaction in my local fishing store and the immediate response from the owner was "What's the website? I want to buy some tickets." He said you're a great guy too. In my sixty some odd years whenever I've had that kind of consistent feedback on someone it's always meant they really were a good person, so I want to offer you my best wishes and hopes for a "great" outcome for a "great" guy. Sounds like you deserve at least that much.

As for the attitude stuff - my wife was given a rather nasty diagnosis, and a scary prognosis. She kept a great attitude throughout all the treatments, even the setbacks (chemo didn't work first try), but in the end she's riding high. We knew it was all good the day her oncologist walked into the room with the greeting "I'm thrilled.". She (the oncologist) said all along that a positive attitude was so important, not only for making it through the down times, but also for coming out on top of this damned disease. Keep smiling, Jim. In these early days it'll be hard sometimes, but if you smile enough you're bound to be smiling for a long long time. :thumbsup_anim:

Keep the faith dude,

All the best from me and my wife

JF

Jim good to hear from you.

I never met you but I did see you speaking at the annual Kiwanas BOQ fishing tournament a few years ago.

I was so impressed when you got up to speak at the tournament so many listened.

I loved it when you called up the junior participants who placed so well during the tournament.

You are a born leader fight hard think positive I know you can do it.

Hope to see you soon Big Jim!!!!!!!

Mike the Pike :Gonefishing:

Yes a great thank to all OFC'ers for support MCi benefit funds raiser and mine

Once again OFC has shown its kind side in aiding someone Ive looked up to most of my fishing life

Big,I still remember the days of watching you with Don Meisner and Bob on the Big O

The days we have spent fishing together will be the memories that I will remember for ever

Its all but a small token of what you have spread in the fishing world

Big Jim,you represent more than an Icon or legend in fishing

You always have represented fishing as it should be

May God shine on you my friend

Good to see your post . Many have come to join us here in our comunity for different reasons,some in thanx,some looking for strength and some just cause they feel the need to share but in the end its all part of

a bigger picture. You have given a big part of yourself over the years to us, the fishing community and now its time we return the gesture.....Glad we could help you out Jim, stay strong......

Tight Lines...

Chris

Hi ya big guy. Glad you posted. We met on a few occasions,mostly on stage wiegh-ins (got a great laugh from your sence of humor). Also got to listen to some of your stories about fishing the Ottawa river for those bigg,ns.

Stay positive and look forward to hearing some more of those great stories in the future.

Best thoughts and prayers are with you.

Brian

Big Jim you have done so much and it shows how much the fishing comunity stands behind you if selling some of the Muskies Canada tickets is what it takes then that is not to much to ask and for everyone else it is a great thing to get involved with for $5 you have a great chance at some amazing prizes. PM me if you need tickets.

All our best Jim from here in Chatham Mike