My fly-in report to 2008 with pics

Smokey

Well my annual trip has come and gone now. Due to holiday booking problems this year with one of the members we had to move our trip a month earlier then normal. I always perfered July time as the weather is often more stable, water is warmer for swimming and bugs are usually down by then.

The trip was a blast as usual but the weather was tough as a cold front moved in with rain everyday and dang is was cool in the boat. Fishing was tough but we always manage more then enough to keep us happy.

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Our home for the 5 days

DSC00383.jpg

The water was high from the rain all spring

DSC00392.jpg

Enough fish for dinner

DSC00389.jpg

Fish fry

DSC00422.jpg

Some of the wild life, bears were everywhere this year..

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

This little guy spend all his time chasing the rabbits back and forth by the cottage all day.

DSC00443.jpg

Dressed for the weather, most days the high temp was about mid 40's

DSC00400.jpg

The sun finally showed itself on the morning the plane arrived to pick us up.

DSC00431.jpg

Our ride

DSC00446.jpg

I'd love to do a fly-in at some point. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, you still got into fish....and I can pretty much say that you had a better time that week than I did commuting to and from the office in Toronto....LOL.

Great pics...and that fish fry looked tasty!!!

What a great report. That place looks very nice.

love the wildlife shots.

Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate, but you'll have next year to go in July :D It's more about the company anyhow really.

Joey

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds and looks like a pretty good getaway to me! Could have been better but could have been worse! Thanks for sharing and making us jealous!!!

Thanks Mike, I was waiting for your report to see how you guys made out this year.

Too bad about the lousy weather but it looks like it was an excellent trip anyways.

Incredible wildlife pictures too !!

Great report Mike, despite the conditions. I saw 2 bears on Sunday myself, along with 2 moose, 3 deer, and one Osprey. At least I hope you didn't really have to battle the bugs with those conditions.

Cool picture of the Marten, have come across them many times while out hunting. They usually run up a tree and growl at me as I pass under :lol:

Where did you fly into?? North of Geraldton area??

Thanks everyone.

I flew out with Leuenbergers in Nakina and Solo was correct it was Whittle Lake. Is there any lakes you haven`t been to Solo. The bugs we lite due to the weather so being that cold and rainy did have some positive affects.

Only problem with the trip is that it`s over now for the year and I have a whole year to wait for the next one.

Mike

Hang in there Smokey it will come just never quik enuff. Luv the north and the scenery, Thats why you enjoy it so much cause ya waited all year to go. Thanks for the retro from the north hope to go again up that way some year soon... :clapping: