There goes my Fishing

Bassman27

Well so much for fishin with my boys this summer!!!Went outside to cut the lawn and happened to look over at the boat and what do ya know somethings missin!!!Oh ya my 9.9 Mercury isn't there.Went over and looked and the gas tank is still there and the lock has been cut off and left layin in the boat!!!!!!No insurance on it my bad...makes it worse.If anyone hears of any poppin up it's a model 110 Merc w/ the blue stripes....any info would be greatly appreciated.Called the police 2 hrs ago, still haven't seen them ....yet..Arrgh....Thanks

Bassman27

Well so much for fishin with my boys this summer!!!Went outside to cut the lawn and happened to look over at the boat and what do ya know somethings missin!!!Oh ya my 9.9 Mercury isn't there.Went over and looked and the gas tank is still there and the lock has been cut off and left layin in the boat!!!!!!No insurance on it my bad...makes it worse.If anyone hears of any poppin up it's a model 110 Merc w/ the blue stripes....any info would be greatly appreciated.Called the police 2 hrs ago, still haven't seen them ....yet..Arrgh....Thanks

Bassman27

Man that sucks. My condolences for the loss. My 30hp stays outside but my 15 and my siw both sit on stands in the garage because I thought they would be to easy to steal. I grew up in a fairly seedy area and dont trust anyone.

I second that I hope those jerks get caught, sent to prison amd endure at least 5 years of the Pe-anal system. sotos. I take my 9.9 off and into the garage every weekend. It would be nice not to hassle, but there are some real slimeballz still around.

I wish I had some Roy, but unfortunately due to past medical issues and bad times my family and I lost our house and now live in a small apt. building and don't have insurance on home belongings.I don't believe or have alot of faith in the police being able to do anything as I know they're busy with alot of things on the go but figured I'd put in a report anyway.Hopin against hope!!

I wish I had some Roy, but unfortunately due to past medical issues and bad times my family and I lost our house and now live in a small apt. building and don't have insurance on home belongings.I don't believe or have alot of faith in the police being able to do anything as I know they're busy with alot of things on the go but figured I'd put in a report anyway.Hopin against hope!!

Talk to an insurance agent...I'm pretty sure you can have content insurance etc for living in apartments.

Sorry about the loss

A few years ago an outfitter out of Belleville, ON (Bay of Quinte) got ripped off for 9 or ten (I cannot re-call) brand new 9.9 HP Johnson motors that were on the back of the 14' rental boats. He replaced some of them and apparently it happened a second time. He had the motors secured by some type of locking device that was somehow compromised by the savvy thieves. He never got them back.

Its too bad we never seem to catch them in action, I have daydreamed many times how I would traumatize the culprit. Last year someone broke into my garage and broke the window of my car but stole nothing. Didn't make sense as the door was unlocked

That is NOT a good way to start the fishing season! Sorry to hear that! im not sure if this helps or not for future refference but i know when I used to rent an apartment i looked into house contents insurrance... it turned out that i got 10% off my auto insurance if i got the home insurance. the home insurance was pretty cheap already but with the 10% off i think my monthly payments where only within $5 of what i was paying before. worth looking into anyways!

hope you find your motor!