Poll - How Was Fishing In The Kawartha's This Year?

ccmtcanada

How was your year in the Kawartha's (Division 6)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Now that fishing for most species is over in the Kawarthas (Sep 30th and Nov 15th), how would you rate the overall season?

• Way Above Average
    • Above Average
    • Normal
    • Below Normal
    • It was just plain awful!!!
  2. 2. Did you land any personal bests from the Kawartha's this year?

• Yep!
    • Nope!
    • Yep...a world record that I released

I was up there in June this past summer camping and fishing. Stayed at serpant mounds and took the boat up.....Had an awesome time and some great fishing. :Gonefishing:

Only complaint i had was too much bloody weed and was not they're for long enough.... :D:Gonefishing:

I lurv the karwarthas..... :thumbsup_anim:

Well I caught my PB musky there this year, but all in all the fishing was normal. This was the first year that I wasnt able to score any really big bass from the kawarthas.. of course once I got that musky, I didnt feel much like bass fishing.

Landed my first Pigeon Lake musky this year...have had a few break/cut me off before while fishing for bull bluegills with an ulra-lite outfit but this one was hooked in the upper lip away from the teeth...

Also landed a 25 lb (Approx) carp near the end of July...

Hey musky66

If you don't mind saying which Kawartha lake did you get a pike in? I am dreading the time when they get well established as it will kill the musky fishery which I really enjoy. No monster muskies this year for me but lots of hook-ups and many fish in the 35 to 40 inch range for me on Lower Buckhorn

Kawartha Kev

Early season bassin (largemouth) was great on Rice, numbers up but size down. Sept smallmouth was good but the topwater action was below par compared to what I have been used to (a lot of algea bloom). Walleye seemed to be more productive than other years, a lot of 11"-13" fish that should be 2 pounders by next year. All in all a pretty good year on Rice.

Needtofish

Did really well on the walleye up there this year, nothing big, but all good eating size, for the muskie only fished 3 time this year, couple of follows that was about it. Just a busy year not that much fishing going on this year. hopefully next year will give me more time. Yea right.

Caught a PB Muskie myself, nothing huge, but still a PB as it was my first.

Bass - average to a little above. Lots of fish with a 3-4 pounder thrown in here and there.

Crappie - slow year, not sure why. Maybe not out early enough in the spring.

Perch - way above average.

Walleye - below average.

WGSF - well above average.

Pike - non existent in Kawartha Lakes still (I hope). I too want to hear about what lake the Tiger Muskie and Pike were caught in.

Looking forward to next year!

I fish Stoney for eyes and got up there later than usual during mid summer. Hadto scratch for walleyes. Bigger than usual, but fewer in number. Only the last three weeks of season I nailed em and got limits all 3 trips. Nothing huge, but good eaters, which was my goal. :)

Caught muskies on two of the kawartha lakes that i have never fished before. Looking forward to next year. I had a really tough time on scugog for muskies, last year i did a lot better. For my 5 or six tries only managed to get one muskies. Thats really strange.

I fish Upper Buckhorn a lot...and have been for the past 11 seasons.

Overall, I have to say it was my poorest year yet...you think I would have learned something by now.

The crappie in spring wasn't bad, though found a lot more traffic on our spots.

Only a couple of pickerel once the season opened and not even a hint of a musky from opener til bass opened.

The bass fishing was good through July but I couldn't find one bigger than 3.5 lbs or so. After the weather changed in early August and the top-water bite went south, I was at a loss to find anything over a pound and a half.

The fall brought some more musky fishing and nothing but a few misses and follows...never a hook-up.

Late fall usually finds us dangling some minnows under a float from the dock where we've managed in the past some pretty good perch fries and even the occasional evening pickerel. This year only a few dink perch and not a sniff of an eye.

My season on the Kawarthas in a nutshell. A solid vote for below normal.