My New Boat

Jay T

Well this year I took the plunge and got a brand new boat, the 12 1/2 footer I had for 12 years just was not cutting it anymore. I couldn't get out and do a lot of the fishing I wanted to do, and having 4 in the family now there wasn't enough room for us all in that old boat. So I decided to go for a Legend boat 16' side console with a 25hp 4 stroke merc efi electric tilt, it doesn't fly but it makes 32-34 mph on the GPS and it is great on gas to. I am having a hard time staying off the water even more so now, it is so much better and lots of room for us all and we have slimed the boat quite a bit to.

Anyways here are a few pics of the boat.

Boat1.JPG

Boat2.JPG

good stuff, hope she treats you well on the water and sees lots of fish,I also run a Legend, well 2 actually...Viper with a 40 on it, and a 14 footer Ultralite with a 9.9, treated my family very well for the last 5 seasons, never a problem. I am sure your familly will have loads of fun in the new ride :Gonefishing:

I think 30mph is flying, especially with the weight of the console, and you want to go faster?

I never said I wanted to go faster, but compared to some boats that is slow.

It is just fine for me the way it is, and with the price of gas I didn't want a bigger motor just to pay more $$$$.

I think 30mph is flying, especially with the weight of the console, and you want to go faster?

all you guys are funny with that, I get a kick out of the "console guys" and the "tiller guys" razzing eachother :lol::P I can't have an opinion on that...I have both :whistling:

30 plus MPH is pretty good on the water...lots of bigger boats with bigger motors don't get much more out of em than that, sure maybe not the hole shot the bass boat guy get but.....you and your family will have a blast...My Legend Viper with the 40 on it in comparison with a bit more decking and heavier seats ect still comes in at about only 1000lbs all together, and I can get about 40 MPH out of it,2 guys and some fishin gear. We use the boat for family boat rides, goofing off, tubing, ect along with fishing.....this way it was well justified as a "family" purchase ;)

Looking forward to some great reports along the way..stay safe this summer on the water and get out there and have a blast with the family and friends :Gonefishing:

Well this year I took the plunge and got a brand new boat, the 12 1/2 footer I had for 12 years just was not cutting it anymore. I couldn't get out and do a lot of the fishing I wanted to do, and having 4 in the family now there wasn't enough room for us all in that old boat. So I decided to go for a Legend boat 16' side console with a 25hp 4 stroke merc efi electric tilt, it doesn't fly but it makes 32-34 mph on the GPS and it is great on gas to. I am having a hard time staying off the water even more so now, it is so much better and lots of room for us all and we have slimed the boat quite a bit to.

Anyways here are a few pics of the boat.

congratulation on ur new boat.Can u tell us how much did it cost you including all fees.

thx

enjoy ur new boat

Great purchase!! :clapping::Gonefishing:

I think that 30 + mph is very good for that boat & motor combo....

I have a 2002 Tracker V-14T Superguide and a 1999 30hp Evinrude 2 stroke with a 13 pitch prop [ with flames should make me go faster].... and on GPS I get 30 by myself and gear 25mph loaded with 2 guys and gear..

Good Luck on the water....

Randy.

Nice looking boat, I was so close to buying that boat this year - put down a deposit (the dealer only said it would take about a month to get the boat) and at the last minute I decided to upragde to v151 angler (still haven't got it yet - I'll posts pics when I do)

Is that a 2007 or a 2008? I thought that the 2008's were painted black and the driver seat was mounted directly to the floor?

anyway, congrats on the new boat