My New Boat

Jay T

Nice looking boat, I was so close to buying that boat this year - put down a deposit (the dealer only said it would take about a month to get the boat) and at the last minute I decided to upragde to v151 angler (still haven't got it yet - I'll posts pics when I do)

Is that a 2007 or a 2008? I thought that the 2008's were painted black and the driver seat was mounted directly to the floor?

anyway, congrats on the new boat

a month???, that seems like quite the while, we got ours into the dealership within days of ordering it, I think if we ordered the boat, with upgrades on say a Wednesday afternoon, it was in the lot by first thing Moday mornign and out on the water for a test run...and it was about this time of year.

Brother, I ordered my boat end of march - still haven't gotten it - that's almost 2 1/2 months. dealer told me it's coming in this monday and it won't take long for him to rig it up, so I'm hoping mid next week, I'm not holding my breath though, and when I call him to ask I'm expecting him to say: "yeah... it's due to come in in another week you'll get it soon"

He told me theres been a lot of hold ups with legend - they get the hull shipped to them from smokercraft and they do their thing to it - Mercury motors are made in california (I think) and are shipped to Vancouver then transported here. I guess it's not really his fault that the manufacturers are falling behind on their orders, so I guess I just have to be patient.

Not like it really matters, I've been so swamped at work I wouldn't have been able to take it out anyways (But it would be nice just to look at it sitting in my driveway)

Edited by allbusiness

Brother, I ordered my boat end of march - still haven't gotten it - that's almost 2 1/2 months. dealer told me it's coming in this monday and it won't take long for him to rig it up, so I'm hoping mid next week, I'm not holding my breath though, and when I call him to ask I'm expecting him to say: "yeah... it's due to come in in another week you'll get it soon"

Not like it really matters, I've been so swamped at work I wouldn't have been able to take it out anyways (But it would be nice just to look at it sitting in my driveway)

sorry to the guy for the bit of thread napping here :whistling: , it has to come to the dealer, and the dealer still has to rig it all up????? that sucks man, cuz when we got ours it came factory direct all rigged up with the upgraded motor,bowmount,extra seats, extras on the trailer, trailer plated, and so on, all signed sealed delivered and registered and all.

Nope, He has my motor sitting at the dealership, Just needs a transom to mount it to. that's all the rigging it needs, On the dual console versions they transport them with the windshield off and the dealer would put that on too. Also other things they would rig up at the dealership are custom covers, and bimini tops.

:thumbsup_anim:

Congrats on the new boat! :clapping:

You should enjoy many hours of enjoyment. Legend brought out the 16' console the year after I bought my 16' Lowe tiller. If they had it in 2004/2005 I would have bought the Legend instead. As it was, Legend and Lowe were my final choices and it was a toss up on which I was buying, if the Legend dealer in Ft. Erie had returned my call before the Lowe dealer my garage could very well be housing a Legend now.

I am though pleased with my decision.

Happy :Gonefishing:

Nice looking boat. Wish it was coming home with me. I didn't know the Legends had Smokercraft hulls. Something to keep in mind. My dad bought a Smokercraft 16' brand new about twenty years ago and it and the 60hp yammy are still going strong. Anyway congrats you lucky devil :devil: .

THAT will do the job . All the best and leave some for the rest of us.. ONLY TAKE WHAT YOU WILL EAT. AND play safe on the water at all times. YEARS of fun ahead for the hole family. DON'T forget the pictures.