OFNC Anthem!!

TJQ

out of the couple of years i've been here on OFC, this has got to be the most amazing post by far! Thank you for the effort Cliff and also to the mods for keeping this place running/going strong.

Loved it!

DANG.......DArn dial-up....cant get it at all......

Cliff....Im sure its just great bud....specially knowing your efforts into anything you do.

I read the lyrics and they sound a lil country..aka John Bryant.........but I know your a rocker...

OK..tommorow when Im back at the office Ill have the chance to hear it......

pete

Thanks everyone!!

The idea came to me during an all day workshop here at work. I had the framework for the lyrics done by the end of that meeting. I then spent probably 3 hours refining it and writing out the lyrics. I then spent a little time bouncing ideas off of some people. All told, the writing likely took 6 or 7 hours.

Then I had to record the audio. I bought a karaoke version of the song online and got ready to record the lyrics. The recording process took me about 5 hours. The first 45 minutes spend adjusting microphone levels. I then recorded 4 vocal tracks for it....then did them again for a total of 8 tracks. I overlay all the identical tracks over one another to add some depth to the vocals. Mixing and editing took another 5 hours.

Then the time consuming part came. Hunting down pictures for it. I tried as best I could to include a cross section of long time members as well as newer ones...and as much as I wanted to have everyone in it, I had to make some tough choices. I wanted to be sure that as many species as possible made it into the song....despite varying opinions on the ultimate fish to target, we all share the same passion....the thrill of the fight. The searching for pics likely took me about 10 hours total. I finally needed help and emailed some members whose pictures I wanted, but couldn't find on the board. I also put two public threads up about what your favourite pics were.

The next part was timing all the pictures, adding lyrics to the video and then making them all synch up to the song. Total effort there was likely about 6 hours.

All told, it took about 33 hours of continuous time....that does not include the time thinking about what pics I wanted to find.

The intent was to convey the true "moods" of the board as seasons pass by. I wanted to show all sides of what this board is....good and bad. I also wanted the "bad" parts to be somewhat light hearted visually.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out....glad to see that many of you also enjoy the video! It's the people who make up OFC that made this song possible....without all of you, there would be nothing to write about!

Edited by ccmt

Amazing video Cliff, thanks for putting that together but comments like this:

The idea came to me during an all day workshop here at work. I had the framework for the lyrics done by the end of that meeting.

remind me to sell CTC shares :)

Oh yeah...I almost forgot....

I didn't have time to ask everyone for permission to use their pics....

If anyone has any objection, please PM me and I'll remove it and have TJ change the link....I have plenty of back up pics I could insert.