Post Cataract Operation

pikehunter

The procedure was a breeze, the wait seemed long.

I wasn't kocked out very deeply and was conscious of all that was going on. When I felt some pain, about halfway through i think, I told him to pump up the anesthetic.

This morning the patch comes off and I'll know a bit better then how well it worked. My assumption so far is good.

If it worked out perfect then I guese my next stop will be to get a clear lense for my glasses!

Thaks to everyone for your support.

hope all is well

got my first cataract at the age of 35....out in the sun too much

had both eyes done..one is good the other didn't go too good...and now I have big trouble driving at night...all lights look like a blinking christmas tree

they can't put you out to do the op..as soon as you are out, or a sleep you start rapid eye movement, and that would make it hard for them to slice and dice your eye.....so you are awake for it....

Thanks again everyone.

He took the patch off this morning. My operated eye is still a little blurry, not quite 20/20, but that is expected as my eye sight is so bad to start with. I can't wear my glasses either as it is worse than not wearing them. I took the operated eye lense out to see if that was going to work. That was worse, double vision. I'm afraid to drive just yet because my operated eye is OK, but the other eye is not, the Doc. said I would be alright to drive though as my vision is up to license standrds!

I have been scheduled in the O.R to get the right eye done to on Jan 18th. Maybe then I will have near perfect vision! Yippee!!! Finally maybe I can get normal sunglasses (polarized) for the first time in 43 years! :Gonefishing::D