Georgia Aquarium report!

mepps

I just got back from 2 weeks in beautiful Augusta Georgia. I was there for training, but went fishing every chance I got, usually before work from 5-8am. I saw tons of gar and managed to catch only one fish - my first striped bass, measuring about 22 inches. The best part was that I caught it on one of my own lures. Sadly, I didnt have my memory card in my camera, so now no one believes I caught one. I'll be heading back in 2 weeks to give it another try. I mainly fished a huge man made lake called Thurmond Lake (formerly Clark Hill Lake)

Here a shot of a small alligator gar i found one day. Most of the ones swimming around were much larger.

small-alligator-gar.jpg

Here a shot of the 200 foot high Strom Thumond Dam. (The Savanah river is below)

thurmond-dam-morning-620.jpg

The highlight of the trip was heading into Atlanta to visit the world largest aquarium with my family. Its hard describe just how incredible it was. I could have easily spent all day there. Here are a few of my favorite photos (we took 723 in total!) If you are ever in Georgia, this is a MUST see. They even have whale sharks and beluga whales!

ga-clive-and-ash1.jpg

ga-ash-and-groupers.jpg

ga-clive-and-ash-beluga.jpg

ga-jack.jpg

ga-ash-and-gillian.jpg

ga-beluga-fun.jpg

whale-shark.jpg

three-sharks.jpg

huge-grouper.jpg

If you want to see more, I have uploaded about 35 pictures here

Edited by mepps

I've got to get over there and see that!!!... I'll take some bait!

Make sure you have some heavy equipment GCD, those groupers were 300+ pounds! :)

thanks Misfish! I also have 30 minutes of video I havent looked at yet. I cant wait to see it!

Edited by mepps

Great pics Clive!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... I'll take some bait! :Gonefishing:

There is No Fishing signs at the front gate....I laughed and asked the guard-he told me they have taken rods off a few people going in!

Excellent pics-that aquarium is amazing.

Amazing pics Clive. Sure sounds like a great place (I've been to Monterays and that took nearly the full day so I can imagine this one). Congrats on the striped bass story - I'm sure eventually someone will believe you :)

Incredible Clive... Just awe inspiring. Those shots tell of a different story, one of a bond between family and the natural side, one that can only bring you closer to your loved ones. The look of wonderment from Ashen is priceless.

Thanx for that.

peace

HD

What more can anyone add, just awesome. My brother lives in the area and its one of the things he keeps tellling me i have to come down and see.........and from the pics. He aint kiddin. Thanks for bringin me there, cuz i may never take the drive down to see it in person lol. (i dont fly) Some of those shots should be considered for their brochure. I would even contact them and send them to em. You definitely captured a moment with your baby for sure.

Clive, just amazing pictures. You should put together a slide show or something of more pictures. The 35 just wasnt enough. One thing I have noticed about all of your pictures, they all look professionally taken. Whatever camera you are using, keep it up. I have a buddy that lives in Atl. and fished Thurmond this year, they were using line counters for Stripers and brought in 12 on that day...on a boat mind you.

Good luck when you head back down there and take some more pictures, yours are always fantastic to look at.