Record gas prices here

OhioFisherman

$ 3.69.9 a gallon and schools not out yet, the new word Staycation, travel will be down? Prediction that summer jobs for students will be at a 60 year record low, too many adults taking extra jobs to supplement their income.

Kids with no jobs, no income is not a good thing, way too much time on their hands can lead to trouble.

This is all about the hedge fund traders... as the US dollar slides further down the crapper investors are putting their money into commodities. the more they buy the higher crude goes and the more $$ they put into their pocket. The US announced they have Million of gallons in reserve... the price still went up... Why? Fear.....

Blame the up coming recession in the US fellas... and Hope that Ontario can survive through it..

G

Edited by Gerritt

Once again Canada is taking it up the kazoo.... Selling gas to other countries cheaper than we can buy it here. BRILLIANT. Harper and the boys out west will point out that as bad as it is gas has not hit record prices here yet, like it has in the U.S. Which is technically true as I remember paying 1.35/7 per liter Labour Day weekend in 2006 when I filled up to go bass fishing one last time that year.....

Great :wallbash: Taking the suburban on a 11 hour road trip friday

IF gas prices were not spiraling out of control I would be driving a Suburban or a Ford Excursion not a minivan.(quote MTP)

My suburban is not that bad on gas wallbash.gif

IPB

Remember when you said this Dan(Read Above)

It was always my dream one day to purchase a Suburban but the oil companies are going to kill that market soon.

I filled up the wifes minivan tonight($80.00) at Ultramar for $1.26 per litre on the other side of the street Petro Canada boosted the price up to $1.35 per litre.Its only going to get worse see the news tonite its affecting the price of food world wide and many are going hungry all over the world .Amazing how greed is now contributing more to third world starvation.

what goes around comes around :whistling:

Edited by Mike the Pike

1.60 euros/litre = $2.48/litre in Can$ here in Holland. That equals $9.37.4/ gallon (they don't add the .4 so you can bet they are rounding up)

I guess we don't have it so bad quite yet but Holland is well known for having the worlds highest gas prices. Thats why everyone takes the train/bus/bike or walks everywhere.

jjcanoe with a wooden shoe

LOL Wayne that might work up there, wild west here in the states, people punching holes in gas tanks on cars and trucks and draining fuel into buckets, story on the news the other day. Friend had his bulldozer parked in a field, someone pumped the diesel out of it. Seventy five bucks got me 10 gallons of gas in the van and 10 gallons for the lawn equipment. The 10 gallons in the van might last 2 months.

Gerritt your right, but economic news is not good here. News report yesterday? General Electric`s financial division chief says the economy is in the worst shape here since the great depression. Hmmm? People need jobs to buy? Just guns to steal? Right now more guns than jobs!

In this week's Fortune magazine there's an article about a new 6 billion dollar refinery being built in India that will be capable of producing 5% of the world's gasoline. 40% of the production will be shipped to the United States. As the North American gasoline market is integrated, it's good news for Canada too. Right now, refiners in North America aren't making money (all the money is being made in exploration and production), this additional supply can't be good news for the refiners, but it is good news for consumers.

There is no getting around the cost of a barrel of oil though, and the fuel taxes governments levy on top of that. Biofuels are not the answer, unless you are happy to see people around the world go hungry because food is being turned into ethanol.

Most of the world's oil is controlled by governments, not the big oil companies. Governments expropriate, and then run the resource down by not investing the profits back into the business.

fuel and anything oil related has increased to the level of changing lives. canadas problem is we sold petrocanada. its sad , a good majority of the oil fields in canada are not owned by canadians. we are being robbed daily. the way we live has fast been changed.. in 1968 gas was 20 cents a gallon.

In this week's Fortune magazine there's an article about a new 6 billion dollar refinery being built in India that will be capable of producing 5% of the world's gasoline. 40% of the production will be shipped to the United States. As the North American gasoline market is integrated, it's good news for Canada too. Right now, refiners in North America aren't making money (all the money is being made in exploration and production), this additional supply can't be good news for the refiners, but it is good news for consumers.

There is no getting around the cost of a barrel of oil though, and the fuel taxes governments levy on top of that. Biofuels are not the answer, unless you are happy to see people around the world go hungry because food is being turned into ethanol.

Most of the world's oil is controlled by governments, not the big oil companies. Governments expropriate, and then run the resource down by not investing the profits back into the business.

Where did you hear they are not making money. Husky, Bonavista, BlackRock, Ish, Suncor, just to name a few are making tons of money. Its like telling me that the Banks arent making money. And anybody that drives a company truck has unlimited fuel to burn. Humm who pays for that.

Edited by holdfast