Need your thoughts and prayers

Our thoughts are with you Dave. I have been through what you are going through twice in the last couple of years so I know first hand. A positive attitude to the treatment can go a long long way in tipping those scales from 50/50 to much better odds. My Dad knew he was terminal from the get go, however he kept up with his treatment and he continued to be positive. He turned a 6 month diagnosis into 2 years.

So I would look at the glass as being half full rather than half empty.

John...

Encourage him to take the treatment, he'll have a fighting chance, I'd take 50/50 any day if it meant being able to watch my kids grow up and have their own kids.

Be strong for him and be there for him and your mum. If you are going to lose it and break down, don't do it in front of them if you can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hey Dave, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your father. I know how you feel as my father has just been diagnosed with lung cancer himself. It is also inoperable we found out Monday. They may try radiation as chemo it seems is not an option either.

My thoughts will be with you and your family. Lets all hope for a few miracles here.

Joey

thanks for your support guys....it's been a rough day....hard to work when you're head's not in the game

I know how you feel. I was told that my mother who is only 55 was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer in September. I have not been the same person since. My first few days all I did was cry when I got home and cried when I was on my way to work. It has been a devastating time for my family, and especially my father, who had big plans for them both as they were preparing to retire early.

I will pray for you and hope that your 50% chance turns into one of the future success stories.

My mom has been through chemo, and the only advice I can give you is to be prepared for some pretty rough days. Make sure that you are there to support him, but take care of yourself. I am still struggling with the whole thing 8 months later, and my health has not been the same since she was diagnosed.

Never give up hope, medical miracles happen all the time. I know 50% doesn't sound like the greatest odds, but its something to be thankful for. My mom's prognoss is between 2-5% survival 5 years max.

Take Care and God Bless You and your family. I know that we don't formally know each other, but feel free to talk with me any time.

Dave, I totally understand what you and your mother are going through. A few years ago I lost my only brother to cancer and it was the most difficult thing I've ever dealt with. He was my best friend!

I hope that I may be able to shed some light on this difficult subject for you! It's normal to feel angry, sad, confused and helpless during this time. But the thing that helped me the most was prayer and an understanding of how GOD works. Now! I don't want you to think that I'm an overly religious person or spend my Sunday mornings at church.

You see! We always pray for the best outcomes in these difficult times and we need to know that GOD is listening and believe me he is. But, unfortunately in some cases our prayers seem like they've been unanswered or have gone unnoticed and the circumstances change. What we must understand is that however difficult this situation may seem we can't change GODS plans for our loved ones. We are all called upon by him to fulfill his needs and we are all part of this big giant puzzle that we can't see or understand. But! We can be rest assured that someday we will see why? We must try to open our hearts and and minds to his work and pray not for our own selfish reasons but for reasons of our loved ones peace.

The few things that I can tell you is try to make your father feel as comfortable as possible in every way! Talk to you father and pray with him and let him know that everything will be fine in GODS hands. And the most important thing? Tell your father you love him every chance you get and don't be afraid to cry with him. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you! Always believe in miracles and the love in Gods mercy...your friend finfan