Own a Toyota Tacoma??

Gerritt

Just to add a little story to this and Toyota customer service,I have a 94 toyota 4x4 that I purchased in 95 and it runs like the day I bought it and also takes me "anywhere"

Well a couple of years ago the truck developed a coolant leak so I took it into the "stealership"to get it checked out and of course it was the head gasket $$$$$$$, but to my astonishment the "stealership" advised me that there would be no charge to me due to a recall. Now this was a 10 year old truck at the time so to hear the recall still applied to me was great news and great customer service on Toyota's part.

They even advised me that if the truck required a new engine due to the head gasket leak that they would replace that free as well . In the end there was no engine damage just a replacement of gasket and a few other things but still the cost to Toyota Canada was roughly $2300.00 .Good deal eh !!!

O ya they also replaced a steering linkage 2 years ago under a recall as well,I think that was around $500.00.

All I have to say is good on you Toyota and keep building the best 4x4's around, IMO of course !

Loyal Toyota owner

4x4 (Dave)

And thats why I bought this.

Not 1 complaint.

gallery_221_42_44141.jpg

I almost bought one too .. till I realized it wouldnt fit in the underground (too tall :) ... but AWESOME engineering !

I been a Toyo driver for 3 camry's now .. not a single complaint about service .. and this is another example of going the extra mile !

Wow, that is awesome service. Just try getting anything done by GM even under warranty. You would get more response talking to a brick wall.

There's a huge scam at the Cornwall GM dealer. When you purchase a new car, GM gives you a maintenance schedule. You know, it tells you when to service your car etc. Well the Cornwall GM dealer has a maintenance schedule on the wall that has a bunch of extra maintenance added. I brought my car in for an oil change and tire rotation, according to my maintenance schedule. The service manager says, "Oh I see you are also scheduled to have your brake system flushed. I said no I only require an oil change and tire rotation. He turns his computer monitor around to show me "their" maintenance shedule. I pull out my GM maintenance schedule and he then says, "so sir, just an oil change and tire rotation?" How many people fall for this bogus Bull??? In 34 years of driving and owning cars I have never heard of having a brake system flushed. I have never had the brake system of any car I've ever owned flushed and I have never had any problems related to NOT having my brake system flushed. Now I realize that this is only the dealer, but I took my complaints (related to their refusal to complete warranty work) straight to GM where I was given the same old brush-off, pass-the-buck type Bull.

No more North American junk for this guy. I'll be riding in a Toyota for my next set of wheels.

I don't want to spoil the party here, owning two Toyota's myself, but a little internet research on Toyota internet forums like this one, or other automotive sites, you'll see that Toyota has routinely turned down customer warranty work as well. A bad batch of engines in 1998-2000 which sludged due to poor design weren't replace or fixed if customers didn't have oil changes done at Toyota dealerships and it took a class action suit to get this straightened out. On two of my vehicles, I received no mailing of a recall and if I hadn't kept up on research, would not have found out about them. As it was, I had to badger the dealer.

News last year was that Toyota didn't hire enough design engineers over the past few years and may be expecting millions of recalls on recently designed vehicles. Consumer Reports in the States will no longer automatically recommend a Toyota as a good buy, as they did in the past.

Myself, I'm finding their sales departments are worthless to work with...recently at Whitby Toyota, they wouldn't even talk about price for a new vehicle until I gave them a Visa deposit! Can you imagine the greeter at Walmart wanting to swipe your credit card so you could find out their prices?

Do your research, don't trust the advertising, and get the best price you can.

I've had 2 Toyota's in the past (my 1993 4Runner & wife's 1999 Corola) and both were GREAT!

We currently have a Dodge Grand Caravan and I cannot wait to unload that junk! I got it new in 2004 and it's been a junk since the day after we got it. the second I can replace it I am, with a Tundra CrewMax.

my 06 Subaru Impreza is also a great car...

Honda's are great!! We had an '03 Element that was fantastic but when the family grew, we grew out of it. From what I've heard lately is that Toyota is starting to get a bit too big for their britches. Their vehicles are starting to have Big 3 type problems, ie. rattles, engine and transmission issues, trim, fit and finish and the like. Thank God I'm not in the market for a new vehicle this year or for the next 3 years or so for that matter. I'm not too impressed with what's out there.

Just to wander off topic slightly, but still with Japanese cars......

First off, I've been buying GM products almost exclusively for about 42 years and have had everything from Covairs to Rivieras and enjoyed them all.

Recentely though, I've been doing some work for Honda and spend my days travelling around Southern Ontario in everything from Civics to Ridgelines and can't believe what an excellent vehicle they are, including the quietness, the smooth ride, the fit & finish and everything about them.........

Top quality fer sure !!

Can't comment on the servicing or warranty work as I have nothing to with that aspect of it.

This certainly isn't an ad for Honda as I have no stake in anything and actually doubt if I'd ever buy one, but just offering my personal perspective on my only experience with Japanese vehicles.

I've never really heard any negative things about them and I'm starting to understand why.

Edited by lew