Bly's first Steelhead of the year!!

ccmtcanada

Well, as many of you know, night fishing is when we catch most of our nice fish. I checked out a local trib on the way home from work late this afternoon and noticed that there were a few (emphasis on few), open stretches of water.

After we put the little one to bed, we headed off with our float rods to see if we could catch anything swimming around. The waters were ultra clear and pretty low tonight, so we didn't have high hopes.

I've been out a few times this winter and had some success, so I was really hoping that she would catch something this time out. At about 920pm, her float goes down and I hear her say "Fish on!!". After a quick fight, she landed her first of the year....a nice 25.5 inch steelie...also her first qualifying OFAH entry as well. Here's the pic...can you tell she's happy??? LOL

25halfinchsteelhead.jpg

Edited by ccmt

Great report!... and Excellent pic, fish and smile!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I knew it was only a matter of time before Bly opened up her can of Whoop-Ass! on you in the fishin department Cliff. ;)

You get to go fishin' more often when you let her catch the biggest fish... don'tcha? :D