Gasoline hit $1.10 last night

lew

Filled up last night at a 1.01/L in Kitchener...on my way home I saw 3 stations ranging from 1.05 to 1.08 so I promplty stopped at the Macs who was abviously behind in changing the sign or so I thought....

Of course the line up started right after I paid....

Funny part was when I mentioned it to the clerk, he grumbled somthing about the sign not working so he couldn't change it LOL!!!

I'm gonna take the wifes car to work and see if they "fixed" the sign yet :D

I like how a member of parliament was able to warn us that this was going to happen. Dan McTeague put out a press release early yesterday telling everyone exactly what was going occur, and it seems he was pretty accurate too. Yet the federal government say they are powerless to stop goughing like this. It is nothing but pure and simple greed on the part of the OIL COMPANIES.... Charging us comsumers more today for an increase they won't even feel until the oil they buy at the new price is refined in 6 weeks ought to be a crime. The ones behind it, the oil execs and wall street speculators should treated the same way profiteers and looters are in any natural disaster..... Instead they get more stock options and promotions.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Here's another Good one, the BC Government just announced they will raise the price of Gas 2-3 cents in the name of the Global Warming threat, up to five cents within the next couple of years. Its called an environmental tax, intended on curbing travel because it will cost you more. What a Spineless way of Weaseling out of government punishing the big companies but put it on the tax payer. Watch and see other provinces, even the Feds do the same thing to cover their Chicken arses

Gas is like crack, once you use it you can't stand life without it, soon the dealers raise the price a little, you buy the same, raise it a little more you still buy... and on it goes

Remember the days when 59.9 was expensive!!!

Thanks, India, china, USA, CANADA name you country its there fault.

Fact is engine's should be more fuel effieciant, We should have been looking at more way's to get off oil 50 years ago after the WWII cause they learned then what happens when you don't have enough fuel.

Oh well, next decade will be intresting.. Thank you Canada Fed goverement for not lowering the taxes on gas and your great surplus :(

Wonder if you can tow a boat with a Moped?

I filled up last night for $1.056, I heard Dan McTeauge on the radio yesterday and having heard that oil broke through a hundred bucks, I knew we were in for $1.10. If you know your numbers, you can figure out roughly within a cent or two as to how much it will cost. If our loonie pops up a bit, it will relieve the price of gas but that isn't too likely, the Bank of Canada is leaning towards another interest rate cut next month so the loonie is not too attractive to foreign investors.

Sucks to be us!!!

I guess the price of fuel is going to force all the owners of old 2 strokes to retire them or not run them too much because of their lousy fuel economy.

More and more people will be looking for work close to home, or buying homes close to work,

in order to save the fuel costs.

I know a large company that was based in north east Toronto (Scarborough) and moved their

operations to Kitchener, ON.

Most of the employees couldn't afford the long drive to work on minimum wage and would have surely quit if they were forced to commute.

Lots of minimum wage jobs close to home. It was cheaper for the company to buy a bus

and transport everyone back and forth than increase wages to attract qualified people in the Kitchener area.

Guest lundboy
Oh well, next decade will be intresting.. Thank you Canada Fed goverement for not lowering the taxes on gas and your great surplus :(

Why lower the taxes on fuel? If they did, the municpalities would put a tax on, and the oil companies would just increase their share and suck up the tax savings.

Edited by lundboy

As the world runs out of oil, (and we will run out of oil) we as a society will be forced to adapt and find other sources of energy. I for one am looking forward to it.

Until then, you can combat raising gasoline prices by finding other alternitive methods of transportation.