Gasoline hit $1.10 last night

lew

I was pretty ticked when I saw the gas hit 105 over night earlier this week, now, overnight again up to 109.6, then I was really ticked, especially now that I needed to fill-up! I just don't get it, I really don't, and I refuse to, cuz I don't think there is anything logical to get!

I was pretty ticked when I saw the gas hit 105 over night earlier this week, now, overnight again up to 109.6, then I was really ticked, especially now that I needed to fill-up! I just don't get it, I really don't, and I refuse to, cuz I don't think there is anything logical to get!

I understand exactly where your coming from. Here in Sask at least in N Battleford gas has held on to 1.06

A month ago it was the same despite going 100 dollars a barrel. It went down by 10 dollars still the same. It rose 100 dollars a barrel a couple days ago and we are told its going up at the pumps. So there is some sanity here by not raising every time some Dick says its going up overnight in the cloak of darkness. But its still going up even though its the same per barrel as last month.

Now for my own experience in Angus outside of Barrie in 2006 you know, when every time there was a storm or weekend gas went up. I commuted to/from Wasaga to Angus every day and watched the 3 gas stations take advantage of the Military traffic going in and out of Base. Gas went up Thurs, down on Tuesday, they were 3 cents more than Wasaga and all points in between. One would raise , two would follow suit immediately, one would lower two would take their time. Now here's when I lost it. Its noon and I hear on the Radio that TO is Raising prices by 10 cents. I rush to the gas station in Angus and one station says they're empty, and the other I have to wait in line for an hour. I get my gas for that Days rate and the attendant, stops traffic behind me and raises the price 15 cents. I says to him what is the deal here, gas hasnt changed underground. He says he just got a call to Raise the price from his district manager. I call him a flapping lier as I watched him fuel cars like a bat out of hell ( Manager owner of that station) anyways, found out that the raise in price was only a rumour. The gas stations took 3 Days to lower to a higher price previous of the Rumour mill. I watched those suckers raise prices in late in the morning to take advantage of afternoon traffic going off base. There is a problem and its called NO CONTROL, GOV WILL NOT STEP IN so there is gas Gouging

Learn the art of coasting. See that stop sign, up ahead? Ok take yer foot of the gas, and jes coast all the way there. Get acquainted with the far right lane on multi-lane expressways, and try and keep yer speed at 100 km. Barely crawl when takin' off from a stop. Oh, and keep the tires a tad overinflated.

Don't forget to Ride as close as possible to the back of the next vehicle infront of you to take advantage of their draft.

(Transports are particularily good for that)

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Cookslav

I had to go out to Kingston yesterday morning and the prices there ranged anywhere from $1.04 - $1.10, then when I got back to Toronto, I saw one ESSO station selling it for $1.01 while the radio reported some stations in the GTA were as much as $1.14

Seems to me as if some of these guys are just charging whatever the heck they feel they can get away with.

Yup....

It drives me nuts, but its better for my health to let it go.

There is no happy news when it comes to Gas.

We all know they gauge us at the pumps, and they say the oils dwindling, and production is down and :blahblah1: yadda Yadda.....then post record profits, just like the insurance companies.

Considering Canada has the second 2 largest deposits of oil that has barely been begun to be tapped these last 10 years

I just don't beleive there is a shortage right now.

Will we run out eventually....yes so sure go ahead raise it a bit, conserve(but triple the cost????)

Is production slowed down....yes but its because OPEC decided they need more money(which is annoying)

All I can say is I Can't wait to see affordable electrics that can tow LOL....

I wish there was a way to stick it to them but at the end of the day, even if we ran out, those sots at OPEC will already have been made billionaires 10 time over.

Bah...there goes my blood pressure again :P

Edited by Cookslav

the days of 20 cents per gallon,,, yep you read it right. hemi cudas 454 chevies are gone. gas you want some eat more beans or cabbage. oh ya it takes more cabbage now to eat beans. i guess ya just cant win... funny though how the u.s. controls the greater part of canadian reserves?

I havent seen it at 1.10 in months. We are in teh 1.11-1.19 range here in Halifax usually, and expecting a spike for tomorrow. I just waited in line for 15 minutes to fill her up today, luckily I drive a small Civic and I dont use too much gas. The guy ahead of me put $130 into his pickup!!!