Happy Family Day

lew

Federal Worker in Ottawa here Lew... and yep I'm working today.

Although the Good Lord might have other plans for me ... or at least for my morning. I went to hop in the truck this morning and low an behold there is a flat tire. I just checked pressures on Friday too when I got the oil changed on her. Go figure... oh well GM roadside assistance is on the way and will have it changed in no time.

Everyone enjoy your day off... :whistling:

I'm at home, and enjoying every moment of it. I know my mailman has to work. He said they had signed a contract before Family Day was brought into place. Sucks being him as usually on some holidays I'm at work and the mail is not delivered and gov't offices are not open. Its nice for a change.

On another note, I see the weather is following suit and being miserable for a long weekend, some things never change :wallbash::rolleyes:

Joey

Edited by Joey

I'm home today. Went to a local trib mouth with Bly at first light and drifted some pretty muddy, fast moving water, knowing I wasn't going to catch anything, but it was better than a day at the office!!!

Tried for about an hour and then we went for breakfast at a local greasy spoon. Came home, did a hand print of my 5 year old in plaster, and I think later we're going to bake cookies together.

Nothing else really planned, just spend the day together.

Guest skeeter99

hey dont complain

if you must know all the provinces except ontario and alberta had 14 holidays recognized

most ontario and alberta employers gave 2 floater days **1 deversity and another of your choice**

while the rest of the provinces had 15 recognized for quite a few years now

now 'family day' has been created in ontario and alberta only the rest of canada is working today boys!!!! now we are even across the board 15 recognized days across canada

mind most employers in ontario took away a floater day now you only get a diversity day

Yep skeeter at work we get the extra day on most of the long weekends through the summer making them 4 days off. When the new holiday was announced it was in our contract that because we already receive more than the mandated number of days we had to give up the Friday of May 24 weekend to get this one. Still a day off can never complain about that.

I made brunch for the girls and their boyfriends, pancakes with initials on them, bacon, strangled eggs and mimosas. Then we went bowling to find a 1 hour wait, so we did plan B, full contact Monopoly. Not pretty.

Edited by douG