Lots of Ice Time This Weekend

Mike the Pike

Despite our long Cold and Snowfilled winter the wife and I felt it

was time to go to Ottawa and finally Skate with our family on the

world famous Rideau Canal.I know you Southern folks don't like

the cold but its winter and we have to get out there and enjoy it

and that is what we did.I must say I enjoyed every waking moment

of winter this weekend. :canadian:

Stay tuned the report ends with Fishing.

Well on with the Pics.

Before going skating we decided to go and see the many eyegrabbing sites

at the Ottawa Winterlude Carnival.

IMG_0667_1.jpg

IMG_0669_1.jpg

My son Ryan was not amused with the Camera.

IMG_0671_1.jpg

An ice ship.

IMG_0676_1.jpg

IMG_0675_1.jpg

IMG_0680_1.jpg

So I took this shot for you Sens Fans.I have to ask you though who hired Big Foot and painted him red

IMG_0682_1.jpg

A shot from above of the worlds largest skating rink .I think it is also the most crowded

skating rink in the world.

IMG_0685_1.jpg

Here is the family.Looking forward to skating later.

IMG_0686_1.jpg

IMG_0687_1.jpg

IMG_0693_1.jpg

Amazing shot of a detailed dinosaur.Talented artists I must say you folks are skilled

IMG_0695_1.jpg

IMG_0696_1.jpg

IMG_0697_1.jpg

IMG_0699_1.jpg

IMG_0710_1.jpg

IMG_0713_1.jpg

Forget about putting on our skates in one of those shacks the line up alone would have

takin hours so I quickly tied on the kids skates in record time bent over like the hunchback

of Notredame.Now we were waiting for friends from Montreal and Ottawa.standing still when its

cold is not good .The childrens feet started getting cold.So my ice fishin experience told me

to bring lots of HOT Paws .So :wallbash: Untie 2 kids skates slip in hand warmers in their skates

retie skates stand up rub my aliling back and open another pair of hand warmers so that the soon to be

teenager can have some in her mitts now I can't feel my fingers so Hell ya I whipped out some boody hand warmers

So do we look cold .Can't wait to skate like Hell :devil:

IMG_0720_1.jpg

Now you can tell we have skated we are all warmed up and our heart pumping circulation

has warmed up our lower extremities.So why not pose for the family photo.

Now not to long after 1.5kms Robin my middle child says take out the hand warmers from my skates my feet are burning

So back to the Hunchback bend over untie skates (Cramp in Back)Fishin Devil don't do this?........Pull hand warmers and off we

for the love of my kids right :stretcher:

IMG_0724_1.jpg

IMG_0735_1.jpg

Now thats me on the left the guy who looks like the littlelest Hobo skating.All I was missing

was the Squeegee.Yup the wife said we are not leaving the boots anywhere so 2 pairs of boots

joined the water bottles in the back pack along with my boots dangling on the side not too long

after my oldest daughter gives me her boots .So I got lots of exercise and lets not talk about my back.

IMG_0739_1.jpg

After burning 50 000 calories it was time to try the world famous Beavertail UMMMMMMMM

really tasty and sweet.

IMG_0747_1.jpg

IMG_0751_1.jpg

My favorite ice sculpture of the weekend.The Skeleton riding a Chopper.

IMG_0757_1.jpg

IMG_0761_1.jpg

IMG_0763_1.jpg

That was our very enjoyable day in Ottawa at the Winterlude Carnival.

I must say it was cold but worth the 2 hour drive from the South-Shore of Montreal.

Nice way to kill off winter :clapping:

I drove back home while the family slept and I prepared for ice fishing for Sunday.

IMG_0773_1.jpg

The next day it was time for ice fishin and my Dad who looks good for almost 70 decided

to get out and enjoy the day with Me ,GlennK my Son Ryan and Glen's son Andrew.

We rented a cozy Ice hut on the St.Lawrence river.

IMG_0784_1.jpg

I can always coaunt on Dad to feed me so well :rolleyes:

IMG_0781_1.jpg

The fishing was slow and I think I could have used my friend Boudreau(Roy) to help us find the fish.

IMG_0790_1.jpg

This is all we caught for the day.

Now help me out here this was GlennK's tip up he bated the hook set up the tip up :blahblah1:

I reeled in the fish cause I happened to walk by while HE pointed to the moving tip up

Now He claims its our fish cause he pointed it out and it was his tip up.

I say I brought it in so I should get credit for this fish.

I have to say thanks to Glenn for keeping me away from the dreaded skunk

Now Gleen will be adding to this in the mornin.I think his post count will be passing 5

So here is a pic of Glen posing with my fish.

IMG_0788_1.jpg

Thanks Glenn for preventing me from the big Skunk.What a generous friend Eh

IMG_0792_1.jpg

Three genarations fishing Grandpa(My Dad)Ryan my son and just me another pike day thanks to Glenn :whistling:

IMG_0793_1.jpg

IMG_0797_1.jpg

Now GCD see what one can do with all that ice and snow.

What a great weekend folks hope you enjoyed the pics

Mike the Pike :canadian:

some incredible ice sculptures there! Looks like the Rideau could use a Zamboni though. Any rules about cracking out the auger and ice fishing the canal?

I wanted to bring it on the ice Rizzo but the wife would have none of that.Oh well at least my Buddy gave me a Pike on a silver platter today :whistling:

Great report and pics Mike!!! :thumbsup_anim: Ice sculptures are always beautiful and amazing! It looks like you make a great servant to your children :rolleyes:

As far as the ice fishin' goes, give GlennK his damn fish back :asshat: You just did as you were told when you brought that fish up, nobody told you to claim it Skunk-Boy! You must really be desparate to try to claim somebody elses fish like that eh! :w00t:

You can have all of my share of the snow, ice, and cold Mike! Glad you had a great time! :clapping:

Thanks for that Mike, sounds like a fun weekend for everyone involved.

Diane and I were there last year about this time and same as you, it was incredibly cold but as long as your dressed for it, you can have plenty of fun.

I also had my 1st ever beavertail from that same shack in your pictures and must admit, it was even better than I'd heard :thumbsup_anim:

Good to hear your weekend went so well !!

Mike,

You are right. This is definitely your fish. I am just glad that I was able to draw you a roadmap to my tipup and donate this fish to your anti-skunk cause. You are a good fishing partner, and even a better friend. :thumbsup_anim:

Mike,

You are right. This is definitely your fish. I am just glad that I was able to draw you a roadmap to my tipup and donate this fish to your anti-skunk cause. You are a good fishing partner, and even a better friend. :thumbsup_anim:

That is very noble of you to donate that fish to Mike's Skunk cause Glenn, and that's what good friends are for! :thumbsup_anim:

How many other fish have you donated to this cause that we don't know about? :w00t: I've noticed he doesn't ever hardly catch fish unless he goes with you....

Edited by Greencoachdog