Fishing Goals for 2008

bucktail

Since we are all wasting time for another 6 weeks till old man winter at least takes a break I was wondering what everyones goals were for 2008.

Other then getting out more do you have a specific goal or personal best.

I have had a few good years and my PB list is getting tougher and tougher but I think it will be a 20lb Brown or 55 inch muskie.

That and finding new places on Gbay

I must be getting old. In fact I know that I am. My fishing goals don't involve big fish, although they are welcome. My goals are to have some memorable outings with good friends. I'm at the point in life where I'd rather see one of my buddies catch a trophy fish rather than myself. If there is such a point in life. So I guess that my goal this year is to see a friend catch the fish of their dreams. That would make me very happy... :D

i want to beat my personal best walleye at 13.9lbs !!!!. :clapping::whistling: ..and to get back into winn ing a prize or 2 in the great lake ontario salmon derby.. :w00t: ..as well as try a few new walleye tactics & to hit some real big channel cats in the mighty ottawa river !!!! :worthy::worthy: man im getting anxious already DAM I MISS MY BOAT :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Fishing Goals....Jeez....I really don't have any beyond just gettin out. I kinda think in the same vein as DanC though...not really about me getting anything spectacular...just getting out and seeing my fishing buds...new and old...having some fun and landing enough fish to remind us why we enjoy it so much.

My dad, brother and I get together every fall for an overnighter in Orillia. Catch some perch..enjoy each other's company...which we don't get enough of in this busy world...and have a small wager on the biggest perch every year. Kinda like to see the old man get the biggest perch this year and win OUR MONEY...as it has never happened.

CHRIST...what was I thinkin??? The heck with that...it's game on and his $2 is mine!!!!

This is our first year with a boat, so I'm really looking forward to exploring as many Kawartha lakes as possible. Would like to have a decent year targeting bass, walleye and muskie on those lakes.

From shore, I look forward to landing my first 30 pound salmon, get a new PB Steelhead and beat my PB walleye of 14.5 pounds.

I would like to become better at knowing were the fish , that I'm after on that outing , are going to be when I hit the water and I want to become better at flipping and pitching.In general I just want to become a better angler.

I also want to get my daughter so she is a little more selfseficent when fishing.

Edited by duber

So I guess that my goal this year is to see a friend catch the fish of their dreams. That would make me very happy... :D

....Looks like you'll get the chance Dan. I've managed to snag vacation from August 7th to September 2nd....inclusive. :D That's 26 consecutive days off and I'm only working 9 days in July and 10 days in June. It's shaping up to be a good summer. My only goal is to enjoy it.

Since we are all wasting time for another 6 weeks till old man winter at least takes a break I was wondering what everyones goals were for 2008.

My goal this year is to actually catch fish when I go fishing :)

Didnt land a whole lot last year......it was my first year fishing in a number of years, So I guess technically, to actually learn where the fish are, and how to go about catching them. Above all, as a few of the others have said.......to have fun!!

Bill

No goals...

Just want to get out as much as possible.

With 2 kids under 3, and a 3rd Due in July....I'll be lucky to fish have as much as I did last year, and I only got out like 20 times LOL!

So Late June and July are complete right offs.

If I can enjoy 15 times out on the water It'll be more then I expect.