TV fish'n shows & LOUD music

lew

One of the things I like most about fishing is the peace an quiet of an early morning or late night trip with nothing to hear except the odd bird chirping or a fish jumping outta the water.

So nice & peaceful :):Gonefishing:

Then comes the winter and the soft water fishing shuts down and I have no interest whatsoever in ice fishing, so I get my fix from watching fishing shows on the tube, mostly WFN, but lately I find many of the newer shows are beginning to sound like rock concerts for 16 year olds :w00t:

What the heck is up with all this music blasting away in the background, so loud on some of the newer shows that I can hardly hear what the fishing dood is even talking about ?? :dunno:

I came in this morning after shovelling snow for an hour and figured I'd pour a coffee, then sit down for awhile and watch some fishing on the tube, but ended up shutting it off after only 10 minutes because of all the dang racket I was being forced to listen to.

Am I just getting old and miserable, or does anyone else wish for the old days when fish'n shows were about fish'n, rather than being more like a Gun's N Roses concert for kids with a bit of fish'n in the background ?? :jerry:

Sheeesh, I hope it's not just me that hates the racket :P

Edited by lew

You must be just getting old :D . As for me, when I here that rif by Juice on EXTREME ANGLER It gets the blood flowing the same as if I where on the water fishing myself. I know that I am in for an action packed show with guys that are out to catch BIG fish and explian on how they are doing it. It gives the same old same old a little twist.

Cheers

AL

What I hate even more than that is the commercials on WFN that make you jump out of the couch it's so loud. :devil: A lot of times I will turn the sound right down and just watch the show and not really hear what they are saying. Puts me in a peaceful hibernation mode so I can think about which spot I am going to hit first in May. :Gonefishing: Oh so far away. :glare:

You're not alone on this one Lew.

Problem is you have some fishermen who can produce some great shows until

a whiney :asshat: network executive or producer gets his hands on things and decides

that a show is not worth watching unless it's catering to a "newer" audience, so they throw in a bunch of crap music and flashy graphics.

Someone needs to take them out to the wood shed for a little explaining about fishing.

Hookset.

well they seem to target 13 to 22 year olds.......

well can remember fishn canada attempt at being PUNK...what a joke 40, 5o something old men acting like 10 year olds....the music the swearing and they thought they were doing something good...yeah

but they were the ones who brought us the last cast......

I go fishing to relax, not go like a break dancer in heat

Nope, you're not alone Lew...Whatcha gonna do when you get my age... :wallbash:

Mind you, I got a pleasant surprise last week...out of curiosity I watched the Dimestore guys...but one of them wasn't on...must have been the one who did the loudest hollerin,screaming, shouting...kinda tame this episode...

Maybe they are getting mellow in their advancing years...

Maribeth said "YOU are watching the Dimestore Fishermen ?????????????"

"Yep, getting desparate"... :wacko:

Yup, I gotta go with 'the music's too loud' too. Man, talk about sounding like my father!

Beyond the annoyance, I just find that the act of fishing contrasts too much with a heavy, strong, intense music track. I write radio ads for a living and music is a tool I use to 'set the mood.' I just don't see too many fishing senarios where fast intense music would be called for, other than maybe at a fishing tournament blast off.

So, add me to the 'old and miserable' side!

Good thread,

I laugh me arse off when the pathetic cliched "guitar wanker" music chimes in.

When will we see a version of the GRAVE DIGGER MONSTER BOAT enter the water to CRUSH those fish?

Edited by SNAG

I'm actually young and I don't like it either. I turn on WFN for the fishing, not the annoying music. But the commercials really annoy me. They are so much louder than the show that I end up changing the channel or muting it anyways, which is not what the advertisers wanted when they chose to have the volume so much louder.

When will we see a version of the GRAVE DIGGER MONSTER BOAT enter the water to CRUSH those fish?

That's on the Wild TV network. A couple of "guys" from down south fishing with their compund bows. They don't have any clue how to handle a fish if/when they get one in the boat that has been speared. They injured more than anything. I cannot remember the name of the show, but it was really disappointing that they aired it. That and the personal protection program. What the beep does the public need to know about how to go into a bar and shoot the place up?

You can add me to the "old and miserable" pile too.

I get pretty much all my fishing 'entertainment' off the internet now.......and a lot of it right here. And without all the screaming music and loud-mouth know-it-alls.

Guest lundboy

The music and bleep, bleep, bleep (swearing by the fishing dudes), turns me right off. So do goofy sound effects.

Luckily, Fishing Edge, In-Fisherman, Bill Dance, Chronzy etc. still stick to the traditional.

Too bad Izumi now tries to take every show to some exotic location that I can't afford.

So does pond fishing for carp with 40 guys sitting around the shore for 2 hours.

WFN isn't bad though, I guess they have to try and get the young 'uns interested as best they can, it's in all our interest that the kids take up the sport.

I turn the channel when I see people fishing bass. Funny thing is, a number of shows that seem to have the loud music have guys fishing bass. Perfect.

I actually really like fishing bass though, just not watching it on TV.

I don't mind so much any loud music in shows... what's a turn-off is if the whole thing reeks of WWE/WWF attitude with show hosts coming across as fish slaying thugs who fish like it's all for the world title or sumthin.'

But whatever.