Nipissing Report *PICS*

steverowbotham

I headed up to Nipissing this weekend with the company of my girlfriend Kelli and my dad. We spent Friday to Sunday in a bungalow with Grump and Grumpy's. We've been going there for three years, these guys are great, and the fishing is usually just as good.

minnows worked well as always, but I dropped to light line (3 lbs) and 1/16 oz jigs to test out my new ultralight ice rod and new vexilar unit, good choice, because big whities are fun on 3lbs test.

We ended up with 7 whities, 3 returned. Lots of perch and herring, 2 pike and 1 walleye, plus a smelt. Good variety to say the least.

Great Weekend overall

IMG_2056.jpg

First whitie of the night, 8:48 pm

IMG_2058.jpg

Kelli with a little pike on 4 lbs line and my crappie rod, lots of fun

IMG_2062.jpg

Going light, perch fishin

IMG_2071.jpg

Goin light for whities

IMG_2077.jpg

double whites

IMG_2079.jpg

Kelli with her evening whitie

IMG_2081.jpg

During an intense game of crazy eight countdown, the tipup .... went up

IMG_2084.jpg

Final haul for starving college students

Great weekend of fishing with your family steve !!!!. :clapping::w00t: ...you guys all did very well,and like wayne said,it should be fish on the menu for at least a week !!! :lol::P nice pics off all those whities...man they are so tasty cheers to everyone :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: soooo..what time is dinner ??? lol..lol

Dude!?!? where was the invite?!?!

joking! good job on the whities! those are nice lookin fish!

look's like i'm probably going to scugog on monday (tomorrow... technically today) for crappies and walleye, i know you said you've got class till 5 on mondays, but, after this coming weekend, i'll be free, you wanna hit the bog the week after maybe? send me a message on facebook!

Nice report Steve! Question for ya though...

Over the years I've caught a whack of whitefish in Nippissing, it really is a great and underutilized fishery..

Anyhow, the few I have kept to eat have always been infested with worms, really grossed me out.

How were the ones you guys kept? Just curious..

Cheers, Mike