Temagami Jan 25-27th Report with UPDATED PICS

Picked up my buddy at 05:00 on Friday, packed his gear in the truck and headed out for our weekend away from home with the boys...First stop was at the Irwin's truck stop in Pembroke for some grub and then off again to second stop at "gramps" on Hwy 11 to grab a few minnows and meet the rest of the gang...

We were able to take the trucks on the lake and get to the cottage without any problems..we got settled into the cabin, had a few lunch cocktails and got out in the area we planned on fishing by 14:00PM.....

Didn't take long before the first fish came up....unfortunately it was an OOS Laker ~3lbs.....the bites were constant for the rest of the day but were very light.... we did manage to get a few Whitefish as well as one decent Walleye before the day ended..Unfortunately, this 9lb gal was brought up from 52' depth and her swim bladder was sticking out of her mouth so it was a keeper....

20080126_0014.jpg

Next day bite was slow but we still managed to pull in another 5 Whitefish, along with 4 OOS Lakers (biggest was ~8lbs) and 6 Walleye to end the day....

20080126_0011.jpg20080125_0008.jpg

First time I've fished on this body of water and now I can hardly wait to try and get back before the hard water season ends!!!

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Hey...don't be showing that Tonyb lad that there's fish in that thar lake ! LOL

Some nice fish...and looks great up there. Hope the snow cover stays that way so we can drive where ever we want on the 14th !

That's gotta be one of the nicest Pickerals I've seen pulled out of Temagami.

Edited by irishfield

TMH

Were did you stay.

You're fishing right behind Ket-chun-eny Lodge - close or right on the big shelf we used to put the huts on when my nephew Rick owned it.

Never got to many walleye there but if you look right above the nose of your truck we fish directly out from the end of the lodge aboput 100 yards from shore. 40-50ft of water and the walleye come in on that point some nights pretty thick

well dang that a nice pickeral,,,,

and here Wayne had me convinced there were no fish there

That fish is too large to be a Pickeral Terry, Pickerals are just like Wall-ice... just a lot smaller.

I too was convinced there were no fish in Temagami, maybe TMH fished somewhere else and just said it was Temagami.

If you'll keep tension on those deep fish and bring them up real slow TMH, you'll be able to release them if you don't want to keep them.

Nice fish and report!!! :thumbsup_anim:

That fish is too large to be a Pickeral Terry, Pickerals are just like Wall-ice... just a lot smaller.

I too was convinced there were no fish in Temagami, maybe TMH fished somewhere else and just said it was Temagami.

Hey Greencoachdog...after you posted that I thought hmmmm......that coulda well been a fish pic from somewhere else.....So, I finally got the boyz to send me their pics from our trip :clapping::Gonefishing:

That big Wally was actually caught by my son-in-law who flew up from Georgia for our annual ice fishin' trip :canadian:.....his smile and wide eyes on these next pics say it all!!! :thumbsup_anim:

steve005.jpg

steve007.jpg

steve013.jpg

steve002.jpg

20080125_0006.jpg

Guest chopchop

Great fish TMH. I fish up there regularly in the winter and am heading back at the end of Feb/beginning of March. I fished a lot around the hub area in the beginning but we now are more adventurous and move around a lot more, looking for quiet spots. We usually stayed at Becca's but he is not open this year, staying at CANUSA. If you get a chance, shoot me a PM and perhaps we can meet up.