Names and Handles

Bernie

Purely promotion of my business........... :devil::devil::spam:

And I think Holdfast has the origin of handles on CB's. Mine was Jobhunter. I was perpetually unemployed as a youth and so was always lookin for a job. A WORK job! before you get the wrong idea.

Albert

camillj - My first Vax username (back in '79)... and on about 200 Vaxes around the province ... first six letters of last name and first initial (it was an industry standard) ...was also my All-in-1 email address (wayyyyyy before email was common) became my real-life nickname by co-workers and baseball team (I was, in those days at least, a VAX GOD and a star 1st baseman!) ... pronounced CA-MILL-JAY ... ok I admit did also have to put up with "camel-jockey" (last name is Camilleri) first name is Jon (as in Jonathan) ... so there it is ... and there ya go.

Ifish with these poor buggers from the Buckeye, always meet them in Shining Tree, short of a fish jumping in their boat, they couldn't catch a cold in the Arctic.

You may be a little premature in your statement, from the sounds of your handle maybe a loner :D

Glen you can psss off :blahblah1::blahblah1::asshat:

I used to tease my grandchildren by telling them "I think you are full of beans"...

Gotta be careful what you say to kids as I became known as "Grampa Beans"...

One of the young gaffers couldn't say the whole thing so he just called me "Beans"...

The whole family picked up on it and I now get "Beans" more often than my real name...

So by the time I got on the internet...it was a given... :canadian:

mine comes from my college days, i was in a fraternity called theta chi, which has the greek letters OX and since i helped pay my way through college showing and grooming purebred cattle and working cow sales and farm work they nicknamed me cowboy, so it just stuck with me oxcowboy.

jason

he sets the hook

a fight ensues

it's a new PB

Log.

He then says "snag"

CCMT= Can't Catch Many Things

= Carole can't make tacos

= Cliff's Carole's Man Toy

Edited by Spiel

1. Many other members seemed to have a handle.

2. When I first joined the site I hadn't really lurked all that long, and didn't know what I was getting into and thought the anonymity couldn't hurt.

No big deal.

My canoe (Green in colour) was made by someone who put the name one it. I think I tried Canoehead and Mr. Canoehead, but I'm not sure now?

Rob

I tried drunkenposter but for some reason that one was taken years ago.... word has it some milwhacky drinking dwarf reserved it...

So due to my lack of imagination after a dozen or so I got fed up and used Gerritt..

Sad really... as Imagination is Intelligence having a bit of fun...

Ahhh well in another life I'll get it right.

G.