Favorite Christmas Movie (nf)

steve_paul

My personal favourite is Christmas Story...soooo many classic moments....

- The swearing scene with no discernable words

- The trying to walk in the snowsuit scene

- "You're gonna shoot yer eye out"

- The broken lamp

- Christmas Duck at the Chinese restaurant

And lots more!!!

Recently though with our 4 year old, it's been great fun seeing her enjoy all the classic kids movies...the ones that I grew up with.

Christmas Story.

For an old guy like me, its not only funny, but reminiscent of another time when I was growing up.

Same with me Roger, I was a kid in the 50's, same as in the movie and can almost see myself in that show.

I had a BB gun (but didn't shoot my eye out), drank Ovaltine and am pretty sure I had the same snowsuit as the little guy and I couldn't climb outta the snowbanks either........always great memories of a better era everytime I watch it :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Christmas Vacation is also a favorite that I watch every year :santa:

Did everyone hear that someone bought the house that was used in the Christmas Story and spent a bunch of cash restoring it back to what it looked like when the movie was shot? They also bought the house across the street for use as a gift shop....

They are now doing tours of the house....here's the link....

http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

Watch that metal plate.

Remember he got it changed to plastic - kept peeing his pants when his wife used the microwave :lol::santa:

eddy.jpg

"Sh***ers Full Clark"

2 Christmas Movies I have never seen - A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street. Will have to rent them both this week.

Remember he got it changed to plastic - kept peeing his pants when his wife used the microwave :lol::santa:

eddy.jpg

"Sh***ers Full Clark"

2 Christmas Movies I have never seen - A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street. Will have to rent them both this week.

:lol: Thanks I needed that this morning!

:santa:

Whopper

Guest mistyriver1

eddy.jpg

"Sh***ers Full Clark"

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

"Don't be using any of that stuff on my sled Clark....Every time the wife would turn on the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget my name" (something like that)

Id say either that stop motion Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, with the yeti and the guy from the yukon and all, or home alone. Both of those are the best.

Zack, welcome to the board.

Forgot about Home Alone 1 and 2 - both great Christmas movies too. That kid had some great ideas lol.

Elf too - laugh almost non stop through the whole thing, Will Ferrell is perfect in that role.

"You stink like Beef and Cheese"

(I may watch too many Christmas movies lol :santa: )

eddy.jpg

Eddie: I don't know, Clark. I don't think I should should be going down no hill with nothing between me and the ground but a piece of cheap Governrment plastic.

Clark: Ya' think it matters Eddie?

That movie IS Christmas for me! It's one we watch every Christmas Eve at my folks house....recite every line, and laugh more and more each year!

....."we're going to have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby danced with Danny ******* Kay!"

I enjoy a few movies, but I'd have to say my all time favorite is "White Christmas", for me it just sets the mood, sadly it doesn't seem to get aired as much these days. I do like Christmas Vacation though. I also liked "The Polar Express", the animation on that was great.

Maureen

A Christmas Carol - 1951 adaptation of Charles Dickens story starring Alastair Sim is a classic as well.

144703.jpg

That's the best version of Christmas Carol. Gotta like Bill Murray in Scrooged though too.

Mo - White Christmas was my mom's favorite along with Bells of St. Mary's - those two were on every Christmas growing up.