Fishing Superstitions/rituals

Bly

fishergirl72 gave me a liilte crystal glass fish with 10kt. gold fins with a saying on the box that says the following. you fisherman may tell your tales,of those that got away so heres a fish,not very large,but it for sure will stay.....so everytime i go fishing i pic it up and give it a rub and then i go,so everytime since the early fall ive done this i always have done well.so i guess thats my new lucky charm........the one time i didnt rub it and went i didnt catch a thing so she says its the lucky fish.......cheers

If I see the cows in the field lying down I may as well pack up and head home...

I don't but, usually have a skunkeroo day...

Maybe I'm conditioning myself to have a bad day...

Like Norman Vincent Peal sez in the Power of Positive Thinking...hmmmmm :rolleyes:

If I see the cows in the field lying down I may as well pack up and head home...

Hey Beans, a couple of old guys from Pennsylvania told me and my boys about that over 25 yeas ago. The rest of it was if they are feeding then everything else is feeding. Coming home from a trip once (we'd had a slow fish), everything was feeding, Cows, horses, sheep, chickens. I was going to turn around and go back!!

1.That isn't a superstition Beans... it's a fact!!!

2.I always catch more fish if I don't wear a shirt!

3.Lungelarry Posted Today, 03:39 PM

Never brag to your fishing partner if your having a good day,cause the tide WILL turn......

This is also a fact!

4.If you see Wildlife moving (Deer, Turkeys, Rabbits, etc.) while traveling to your fishing destination, you'll have a good day.

5.I've also found if you don't put the plug in the back of the boat... the bilge will be cleaner when you return home than when you left, so if you want your bilge cleaned out..........

6.You will always catch a lot more and bigger fish the day before a tournament, than the day of the tournament.

7.No mattter how large or small, always take a picture of the first fish of the day.

8.It always helps to hold some small fish captive or "hostage" in the livewell.

9.Never eat seafood the night before a fishing trip... steak is the best "luck" food for fish.

10.Bananas and the people that bring them onboard should be disposed of as soon as found!!!... do you understand this Maureen? :rolleyes:

I hope these help. :Gonefishing:

Edited by Greencoachdog

I never let anyone on a boat with bananas or Tunafish sandwiches,thats just a jinx waiting to happen , Brian

Never been into superstitions, but after a deep sea charter in Hawaii a few years back I don't like to see bananas in the boat....

Whopper

10.Bananas and the people that bring them onboard should be disposed of as soon as found!!!...

Ok, I just have to ask....what is with the bananas?????

blyght

I have a good luck charm.

This guy!

083268.jpg

He's a happymeal toy that came along in the boat on a family outing to a local conservation area. When my daughter got bored, she'd play with Mikey. He's stayed in the boat box (along with a jar of bubbles) for years until I set him up in the front of the boat. Kinda like a hood ornament.

098979.jpg

Mikey is also good for holding fish that are so small, you're too embarassed to appear in the pics yourself.

106611.jpg

And for holding musky lures, making them look more impressive.

109715.jpg

Give em a thumbs up Mikey.

Always have the lucky walmart fishing hat on. It has since been passed on to my 5yr old and man what a fisherman he is. Incudentally my luck has seemed to increase since I did this (Karma?) Also when tying the "trilene" knot, 8 line wraps when fishing for trout and 6 wraps when fishing for salmon.

jjcanoe

After today I am no longer superstitious.I have this bass t-shirt that I wear in Quinte.So far the last 2 yrs when I wear it I always catch fish.

Well today fishing from shore in Montreal on the Mighty St.Lawrence......... Skunked .The shirt was on but the fish were off.Thats it no more.

Just goin fishin.Mike :dunno:

Always have the lucky walmart fishing hat on. It has since been passed on to my 5yr old and man what a fisherman he is. Incudentally my luck has seemed to increase since I did this (Karma?) Also when tying the "trilene" knot, 8 line wraps when fishing for trout and 6 wraps when fishing for salmon.

jjcanoe

We have a belief that the youngest on the trip catches the most fish. Our 4 year old always outfishes us!!!!