Our Walleye Season - Part Two

ccmtcanada

We were hoping that the weather would cooperate and that we could get out another time or two since our part one report...hoping for some more success, but the weather really has NOT cooperated this year. The cold temps, the water conditions/clarity/level, and the wind all combined to make our prime shore spots unfishable. We do have a system...depending on those factors as to what shore spot we pick, but it seemed that they all just sucked...LOL. The storm we just got walloped with seals the deal....unless we get a large turnaround in weather, it's now to the tribs in search of Steelhead. (assuming they are not frozen!!!)

Here's a picture summary of our other catches for this fall.....

First off...an accidental pike, caught by me. Ended up being my PB pike...measuring in at 36.5" and weighing one ounce shy of 11 pounds.

36halfinches11lbs.jpg

My 31" long, 17" girth and 10lb 14oz fishy.

31inches17girth10lbs14oz.jpg

Bly's 30 inch, 11lb 9 ouncer

1101Carole30inches18girth11lbs9ounc.jpg

My PB in length...and it's my final entry for the OFC Tourney is this 33.5", 12lb 6 ouncer.

report33half12pounds6oz.jpg

Bly was fishing alone one night at a new spot and surprise surprise she caught a nice one! Measured in at 31 inches and weighed 12.5 pounds. No pic unfortunately...as I had the camera at home...LOL.

My heaviest of the year came in at 12lbs 12 ounces, and measured 33 inches.

103033inches17girth12lbs12oz.jpg

And in true Bly fashion, she once again gets the biggest fish of the year....this nice one measured in at 32.5 inches and weighed 12 pounds 14 ounces....beat me by 2 lousy ounces....LOL.

32halfinches12pounds14ounces.jpg

So...all in all, we had a pretty good year fishing for these guys from shore. We probably only got out half the number of times as we did last year. Last years weather was perfect right up through December. We really are looking forward to next spring with our boat....and being able to catch some fish up in the Kawarthas....is it just me or does anyone else think it's gonna be a REALLY LONG WINTER???????????

Thanks for reading!

How many people want to kick some... Wall-ice ass?!!!

Excellent Excellent report and pics!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Man y'all killed those huge-ass Wall-ice this year!... what the hell do you need to got to the BOQ FOR???

Many thanks for sharing!!!

... btw, where's Bly's "Killer Brown Trout"???

Edited by Greencoachdog

Congrats the the PB's once again! Your strategies and methods are very effective, you can almost publish a book now with all of your impressive experiences. Bly has conquered you once again ... remember what I said long ago about the the lure alterations and suspicious scenting ... <nudge>.

How many people want to kick some... Wall-ice ass?!!!

Excellent Excellent report and pics!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Man y'all killed those huge-ass Wall-ice this year!... what the hell do you need to got to the BOQ FOR???

Many thanks for sharing!!!

... btw, where's Bly's "Killer Brown Trout"???

Thanks Glen....the killer brown trout is not a walleye..and this is a walleye report (With incidental pike pic). But, it is a pic worth seeing again....here it is....lol

This was 28 inches and weighed 13lbs 7oz

carolebrown28inch13pounds7ouncesa.jpg

Edited by ccmtcanada