So......How was it?? The G2G

HTHM

The company was fantastic!!.. to bad the customer service was not... talk about being nickle and dimed...

Get this...

You paid more! if you said you were part of the OFC gathering...

then you paid 10.00 per boat to dock per day... when on their site it says 5.00 and you get one slip with the cottage...

one cottage 2 boats cost 40.00 to dock... 10.00 per day per boat irregardless of whether you had a cottage or not..

For what they called Guaranteed docking... guaranteed my arse..

they are by far the most dis-organized, inconsiderate lodge owners I have EVER met...

but what really got me is when she told someone else to move MY boat... without first consulting me... I payed for a slip BTW...

would you like me to move your truck without asking you first?

unbelievable...

Not to mention what they pulled on me last month, first I have a cottage..

Then I dont...

Then I am to go to the MIL house...

Then I have no docking....

These people have ZERO idea what customer service is...

Nor did we see them aside from handing over the cash... Until the boat fiasco..

Hell when we asked for for sand for the ramp, we were told the sand is over there help yourself...... do you have a bucket?

brutal. sums it up nicely.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

to bad the customer service was not... talk about being nickle and dimed...

brutal. sums it up nicely.

Gerritt.

Nice to be so busy that you can dump on 2.500 potential customers, give or take a few hundred. Wish I had that kind of clientel. I wonder if they're bright enuf to know they screwed the pooch here.

JF

It's pretty disgusting that these people can change their prices at will. It may even be a crime for them to have misleading advertising on their website, something which I will be looking into.

It was really nice of Merland to watch everyone slipping and sliding on their boat ramp and not do anything about it. Finally someone asked for some sand to help out, so what do we get for the ramp? a bucket of frozen mud. People were literally slipping all over the place trying to get their boats out, the 4x4's were having a hard time and I know at least 1 vehicle was damaged because of the ice on the ramp.

You would think that when the water drops, Merland would do something with their docks to avoid a big huge hard plastic slip and slide on the way down. If it wasn't for Bill Parker throwing his shoulder into me this morning, I was going for a serious ride off the docks.

The Merland staff have no concern for the safety of their guest, have no concern for the well being of their guests. They know that once people are there, they can screw you over at will. One of the cottages has mouse turds all over the place, including the silverware tray with all the eating utensils... very nice eh.

Turns out they screwed Gerritt for his reservation and I learned while I was there that someone else had written confirmation for the rental of the shack that I had booked. I can tell you this much... if my reservation had been lost, the Lavers would be having a nice sleep at their parents place (the one they tried to put Gerr in) because I would have been taking their house for the weekend.

One thing that may be OK was the amount of blood flow I had to my melon while I was sleeping though. The lean of the entire shack... err cottage even, made sure that I had lots of blood flow to my brain.

Other than the cold, lousy fishing, screwed up owners at merland... it was a good weekend spent with many good people. I would jump at any chance to fish with any of you again!

Corey

It was really nice of Merland to watch everyone slipping and sliding on their boat ramp and not do anything about it. Finally someone asked for some sand to help out, so what do we get for the ramp? a bucket of frozen mud.

Sounds like things weren't as good there as in past years, but I hafta admit I'm surprised none of the OFNers brought their own salt or sand with them for the ramps.

We fish right up till mid December and always carry salt for the boat ramps wherever we go, infact I've had a bag of salt and a shovel in the back of my truck for a month aready. Once we get into November up here, you can be pretty sure some of the ramps will be icy.

Not saying maybe Merlands shouldn't have had some too, but I also think folks need to be prepared to help themselves out also, rather than counting on others to do it for them.

Other than that, sorry to hear all the other things didn't work out well either.

Sounds like things weren't as good there as in past years, but I hafta admit I'm surprised none of the OFNers brought their own salt or sand with them for the ramps.

We fish right up till mid December and always carry salt for the boat ramps wherever we go, infact I've had a bag of salt and a shovel in the back of my truck for a month aready. Once we get into November up here, you can be pretty sure some of the ramps will be icy.

Not saying maybe Merlands shouldn't have had some too, but I also think folks need to be prepared to help themselves out also, rather than counting on others to do it for them.

Other than that, sorry to hear all the other things didn't work out well either.

Lew your correct, if I was using a pubic Launch I would have it in the truck... but we paid for our cottages, the slips and the ramp... hell we rented almost the entire place out!.. but did they give a shart? nope...infact we were taken advantage of... I think I speak for most when I say we are considering going elsewhere next year...

One would think if your paying top dollar you would have someone out there @ the docks... ensuring everything was kosher... Like the dock boys @ Lakair... helping people tie up, getting into the right slips, selling worms etc... there was NOONE there...

these people (owners) are making money hand over fist and sit up in their house and do nothing.... hell even the one guy I did see working was whining about them.. Funny how the day after we arrived we saw crude paper posts go up with "Warning" signs about the docks....

why?? because noone was there to maintain them!! and they were a death trap...

Lew I could go on... but my blood pressure was at an all time high this weekend..

it might be best if I PM you the whole story.

G.

which is why I have been there once and NEVER again

Your correct...

I honestly think they did not give a flying fark about us... they were just checking up on their bank roll......

I dont know how they can sleep at night... I honestly cant....

I couldnt imagine screwing people over like they do...

it is my sincere hope they read these threads and do something about their lousy ways...

but chances are they could'nt give a flying f&^% about how their customers feel...

all they care about $$$$$$$

G.

I think that some of these problems were brought up last year and we did consider going somewhere else, but gave it another go this year.

What bothers me the most is just their general lack of customer service and laxadaisle additude toward any of the problems that were brought up. You just got the feeling they didn't give a rats behind whether you were unhappy or not, and why should they, we go, we pay, we leave. They get what they want.

This needs to be addressed by Merland or they will definately be losing us next year.

Joey

So those of you who questioned me on my " so called Horrible experience there" in a few pms, now you understand why I would rather sleep in my truck than give these chumps a dime! I was questioned and even some suggested that maybe it was just me, because they had never had a problem. Well we were treated like crap last year and charged out the wazoo. The docks are deathtraps even in warm weather and the launch is garbage. Kevin the owner even gave my buddy grief and all kinds of attitude when he went up to ask where in town he could get some stuff! Then to top it all off I recieve my credit card statement and they charged me an extra 50 bucks which they refused to refund!

This is why I stay in Belleville at the Ramada, which is cheaper by the way and only a 20min drive form the launch at Picton harbour.

I was there this weekend, out with Eye-Tracker on Sat. and Roaming the bay with him on Sun. He in his boat and me in mine.

I really think that this site will affect them negatively, hopefully that is. This is not the only group from a fishing site to have a crap time there and they have been slagged on the other sites as well. When you have the market cornered I guess you feel as though you are King and can just do as you want and treat people as you want.

I will say this, as soon as someone finally comes along and opens up another resort, they will lose business and get what they deserve for all the years of poorly treating poeple.

I know someone is going to come on here and post that they have never had any problems with them and for everyone to stop their whining but the numbers of people every year " DONT LIE ! "

Wish I could have stopped by but I was staying in Nappanee and by the time we got off the water and went and had dinner, I was toast!

Next time guys.

Don

It's a shame to see all the bad reports coming in from Merlin's this week but I'm sure it's gonna cost them big time down the road.

When we were all there a couple years back for the 1st OFC fall get-to-gether, we were treated very well as far as I was concerned, infact 4 of us had booked a cottage for the weekend, and when I arrived 1st and saw it was way too small for us, I went to the office and told them, and without question she moved us into that big green cottage opposite the boat ramp ( # 10 I think ?? ) and gave it to us for the same price of the little cabin.

Makes you wonder sometimes why folks who have a great thing going for them, with a regular clientelle, let it slip out from under them :dunno:

Good to see everyone made the most of it though and still had a great time.

It was great to meet so many nice OFC folks what a community despite some difficulties and surprises at Merlands .Assigning docks at Merlands is a waste of time.One person who rented a boat displaced all of us who were assigned a specific boat slip.So about 20 people had the wrong place putting me in a very shallow slip which led to me nipping my prop sunday.Its a free for all there .Time to come up with a better system the lack of organization at Merlands is really starting to show :wallbash:

My report will be coming tonight :Gonefishing:

I figure sooner or later Merlands will hear about this post look and maybe make some changes or just not allow us back. :D

My expectations were high as I kept seeing post after post "Merlands" the holly grail of places to stay.

Our cabin was great, course it could have been the people around it all the time :) and a super hot shower.

Only big complaint was the ramp and docks, I am sure with the huge drop in water they could have requested from the MNR the ability to remove the rocks that were now at the bottom of the ramp.. A little manual labour moving thoes rocks would have really helped with the launch. Also problem was once you launched your boat you had no where to park your boat while you parked your car :) unless as gerrit said you took the spot of a person who paid.

Either way its was all about the people for me, and for that it was a super trip

Correct me if I am wrong??? but was this place not brought up last year for these same things???

I do believe that you are exactly correct. :wallbash:

Too bad those that went had such a negative experience. Hopefully Merland management will get drift of this and make amends to participating OFC'rs for your troubles. What a group to P _ _ _ off!

Guess you could say that the owners were a couple of :asshat::asshat:

Ah... you guys just need a longer trailer :P ... I had no issues putting mine back on the trailer today..where as the Berkley Rod rep damn near washed his truck this morning launching his....with his windshield missing I might add! Someone broke it while it was parked up beside Lavers workshop over the weekend. I did have issues with the launch not being wide enough and the trailer tires inner sidewalls getting scored on the cement edge though.

And Corey...you say those were mouse turds... DANG... I thought it was chocolate hail and I put it on Dano's toast yesterday for Breakfast! LOL :w00t:

Edited by irishfield