Unplanned Purchase!

bpsbassman

It all started when I walked past this sign at Bass Pro for two weekends before it finally started to kick in.

IMG_0476.jpg

I currently own a '99 Tracker Pro V-16 (HawgBuster 3) which has been an excellent boat to me and my son Tracker Terry. The boat for sale is a 2006 Tracker Pro V-16 that was being sold as a demo. Evidently, Tracker and Mercury loan 3 boats and motors to Ontario Place each year to be used as Patrol boats. At the end of the season, Tracker takes back the boat and Mercury takes back the motor. The boat is in mint condition and appears to have been hardly used. The thought of upgrading my 7 year old boat for a brand new boat with a full 5 year warranty and lifetime warranty on the welds started to build and I spent a few nights awake trying to figure why this didn't make sense. It is also a better configuration for me than my old boat. The old boat had more of a bass boat configuration with the seats down low and a large casting deck on back which was great for most applications.

IMG_1219.jpg

The new boat has four seats (a bigger floor area) with a much smaller rear casting platform. This is much better suited for Salmon fishing on Ontario and also safer for the grandkids to fish out of.

Hawg-1.jpg

Hawg-2.jpg

I called the Tracker guys to find out what kind of employee discount I would get and then it became a no brainer. The 60 Merc from my '99 is still in great running condition, so I will be switching it to the new boat. By the time I sell my old boat and trailer, this upgrade will only cost a few thousand. It comes with a trolling motor that has never been used (that I will be putting on my old boat), a depthfinder (which will also probably go on the old boat). The trailer was used twice, once to put the boat into the water and once to take it out at the end of the season. On top of that, they have shrink wrapped it and will store it for me until April when I will bring in my old boat for them to switch the motor.

Not much to see here other than a happy boat owner

IMG_0490.jpg

The really important shot of Momma giving her sign of approval

IMG_0489.jpg

So I'll be selling a really good boat and trailer in the spring. It wil have a brand new trolling motor and the trailer just got new tires and bearings this year. I'll also be throwing in a bicycle seat with hydraulic post (doesn't fit the new boat).

Hopefully, it will be a win-win situation for me and a buyer.

Geez, can't wait for spring!!!

Edited by bpsbassman

nice one bpsman

Can i ask why u are waiting till spring?

Ohh and could you tell me what time bps hrs are monday through friday....Am up that way next monday and what to stop in after the airport run but it depends on what time the store is open till

Thanx

Nauti :Gonefishing:

Tony, you have a PM.

Can i ask why u are waiting till spring?

I have found that prices are best (for selling) in the spring, but I would sell it now if someone wanted it (but doesn't slide well on ice) :rolleyes: .

Ohh and could you tell me what time bps hrs are monday through friday....Am up that way next monday and what to stop in after the airport run but it depends on what time the store is open till

Bass Pro is open from 9 am to 10 pm everyday, but Sunday (10 am to 7 pm).

I can see it now,2007 Toonie champion

LOL I think it will take more than that :rolleyes: I'm turning into the perennial 3rd place finisher. :dunno:

Hey Wayne,

This one would probably fit inside yours with room to spare!!!

We should have a Christening party at Lakair for both boats (and any other new ones that might be there)

We should have a Christening party at Lakair for both boats (and any other new ones that might be there)

Very likely someone will slop beer on the bows when walking the dock Roger... LOL

As long as it's not the Christening style Leah and I gave the Glastron...sliding it up on a shoal...

Our first boat was a Tracker Pro Angler V16 and we really liked it. I think it had originally come with a 25 Merc, but we upgraded a bit to a 40. Ran that one for a cdouple years and upgraded again to the Targa V-17 WT. Lot more room for us, two dogs, and the gear. I've been happy with the Trackers we've owned. The one's we've bought have been in the winter and just had to sit there looking at her until Spring finally broke. Congratulations ..... Now just how long will it be until you pur her in the water ?

OH NO!... don't tell me... you're just doin' this to get out of recarpeting "Hawg"3!... and after all that hard work I did documenting that for you! :glare::D:lol:

Congrats on the purchase Roger (you chose the best way out! ;) ) I'm sure you're gonna love "Hawg"4, the layout looks almost spazackerly like my boat.

Glen

OH NO!... don't tell me... you're just doin' this to get out of recarpeting "Hawg"3!...

If the truth be known Glen, yer pitchers had a lot to do with it! I was looking forward to doing it in the next couple of years, but after your excellent "Do it Yerself" seminar it also had me a little sceered. The biggest problem for me was finding a facility where I could do it properly and also in a timely manner so I didn't lose any fishing time. That boat recarpeted would make it look brand new again (you can probably attest to that).