The right to bear arms....

Gerritt

WOW!!!! is all I can say... how about those black bears now??!! KAPOW!

<object width="425" height="366"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="366"></embed></object>

Gerritt.

PS... Being Canadian... I will Keep a St. Jacobs Market summer sausage on each side of the bed now!!!

Edited by Gerritt

I was going to make a t-shirt crack, but the last line in the video is much funnier, "Not intended for use in homes with children" :clapping::stretcher::whistling:

A classic illustration of the difference in Canadian vs American cultures.

Edited by hometownhandyman

Whole new meaning to pulling the trigger in bed...

...not a great place to keep it loaded that's for sure! Behind the headboard's much better.... B)

Seems to me there's a few folks here who might be more likely to hang their favourite rod/reel combo there, just so they can cop the odd feel during the night.

JF

Seems to me there's a few folks here who might be more likely to hang their favourite rod/reel combo there, just so they can cop the odd feel during the night.

JF

I dont care who you are ...that just plain funny!

G.

No, that's not funny at all. The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. Doesn't look like that so much to me. what the heck is that?

Reminds me of a sign outside an Orlando toll booth. "Warning. Robbery prevention program in effect. If approached by a Peace Officer, Do Not Reach For Your Weapon".

Edited by douG

Here's a story about American/Canadian mentality....and it's not meant to be derogatory in any way, shape or form. I'm only describing an actual situation that occured.

I was visiting Bly in Michigan (while we were dating). We were in a hardware type store that also sold alcohol. As we are browsing, there is a rather loud ***BOOM***

I hear this, turn around and begin to say "Hey...wonder who....."

I look and see no one in sight...Bly included. Then I look down and everyone in that store is face first on the floor. I go to finish my statement "Hey....wonder who just broke a fluorescent light bulb"

Guess what....I was right...that's what happened....LOL.

I cant even fathom why anyone would need this...but then again I was raised in the suburbs of Toronto.

Edited by ccmtcanada

I got to agree with Tbay the only crime that I see is people are being over charged for a gun holder. It is not illegal to own and use firearms here in the states and if you have them legally then you are a law abiding citizen. If you have them illegally or use them in a manner that is illegal then you lose that right and possibly your life if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. I like the fact that criminals do not know if you have a gun it keeps the ones on the edge of stupidy from going over the line. For the record in 45 years I have not drawn or seen a gun drawn on an other person in real life but it seem to occure nightly on the T.V.

Art

Here's a story about American/Canadian mentality....and it's not meant to be derogatory in any way, shape or form. I'm only describing an actual situation that occured.

I was visiting Bly in Michigan (while we were dating). We were in a hardware type store that also sold alcohol. As we are browsing, there is a rather loud ***BOOM***

I hear this, turn around and begin to say "Hey...wonder who....."

I look and see no one in sight...Bly included. Then I look down and everyone in that store is face first on the floor. I go to finish my statement "Hey....wonder who just broke a fluorescent light bulb"

Guess what....I was right...that's what happened....LOL.

I cant even fathom why anyone would need this...but then again I was raised in the suburbs of Toronto.

That's interesting, funny and sad all at the same time!

I expected to see

" but wait theres more ,order now and we will throw in the rear view mirror mini holster

that's right a safe and accessible place to store your 22 cal and smaller arms while you drive"

the first 100 to buy will also receive the fanny pack spring loaded quick draw pistol holster

yes you will be the quickest draw with your saturday night special, the muggers will run from you "

Boy Ill tell ya, we (americans) do it to ourselves sometimes. I dunno where in the states that advertisement was targetting, But i can tell ya that i leave my front door unlocked all the time when not home.......leave my windows open at night when i sleep, and my garage door open when im not home on many occasions ....boat and all, and dont even think twice. No problems (literally knocking on wood as i type with one hand lol)

That might be true, Troutologist. But some sources say that the rate of gun ownership in Canada is .25 per person, and in the US it's .89 per person.

I have a number of friends in the States who own a half dozen guns or more , each, and don't use 'em for hunting. Some are for recreational (target competition) use but most are purely self-defence. One guy used to say he often would carry two handguns on his person at any one time. He took so much teasing from the group about it that now he claims he doesn't carry at all. These guys got 'em squirreled away in different rooms in their homes and under their car seats. A few have quick draw modified fanny packs (no guff) with the side access pocket (for when the going gets tough at the corner store I suppose). The only reason they'd scoff at the mattress holder is that it's for long guns and no self-respecting home protector would think of using a long gun for home defence. They'd cite how many rounds they can squeeze off with their 9mm semi auto or their Colt 1911 (??) and how much more practical the handgun is in close quarters. They get downright indignant if I joke about their gun dependency and start into a rant about how I'm a fool and a coward for not carrying myself, that I have no idea how dangerous the world really is, and that I'm a liberal sheep relying on real men like them to protect me. Of course this only gets me laughing more and that gets them angrier, and so on, and so on.

I have plenty of friends and relatives who keep guns - mostly for hunting although several of them are getting away from guns in favour of crossbows. My nephew just got back from a bowhunting trip up north. They got a 1200# moose. My uncle and my brother in law are retired cops. Neither owns a gun now. Based on my own acquaintances I'd say Americans are much more enamoured of guns than us Canucks. That's not a criticism, merely an observation.

JF

More guns and more crime with guns in the U.S. than in Canada. Heavily populated areas are magnets for bad guys with guns. State of Wyoming has a high rate of gun ownership, but hardly any crime or murder by gun.

I'm in a county of around 60,000 and my city is around 28,000, but crime is significant because of a west coast infiltration of drug manufacturing. No New York City, Chicago or Toronto for me.

3.5% of Putnam County residents have a concealed carry permit. Many time the reason is for transporting guns, not carrying them on their person. Training and background checks are required. In Dawg's state a citizen goes to the sherrif's office and walks out with a concealed carry permit within minutes. No background check. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong on that one.

Guest gbfisher

Only in the states...what a pitty eh? :rolleyes:

If you can wake up out of a sound or should I say dead sleep, use a rifle or hand gun and be in full control of a situation which requires you to use it...More Power to you! :thumbsup_anim:

I'd be shot...in my sleep hopefully :whistling:

Edited by gbfisher

More guns and more crime with guns in the U.S. than in Canada. Heavily populated areas are magnets for bad guys with guns. State of Wyoming has a high rate of gun ownership, but hardly any crime or murder by gun.

I'm in a county of around 60,000 and my city is around 28,000, but crime is significant because of a west coast infiltration of drug manufacturing. No New York City, Chicago or Toronto for me.

3.5% of Putnam County residents have a concealed carry permit. Many time the reason is for transporting guns, not carrying them on their person. Training and background checks are required. In Dawg's state a citizen goes to the sherrif's office and walks out with a concealed carry permit within minutes. No background check. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong on that one.

The two fellas I know closest to you would be in Louisville and Sevierville. The fella in Louisville is a hunter and pretty low key about his guns, although he does carry a handgun in his truck and has been something of an activist in the Second Amendment defence. The other guy doesn't hunt and has guns up the wazoo. He's the one who carries two at once. He makes it sound like Gatlinburg is crime central. Other than being something of a gun crazoid he's a great guy and would give you the shirt off his back - but not his gun.

JF

in canada it's the illegal guns that are a crime problem

the government thought that the criminals would register all their illegal weapons and 2 billion bucks was a small price to pay for it

too bad it hasn't prevented even one crime

but that's another topic