Bly's First Shore Salmon!!!

ccmtcanada

Well, after I had a great week last week, I haven't been able to hook into any Salmon. Well, on the weekend I had one on, but lost it after a few minutes. Even though Bly caught that BEAUTY Brown Trout last week, she still had her heart set on catching a salmon from shore as it was one of her goals for this year.

This afternoon, we tried hitting the tribs. We could see a few in there, but couldn't get any to bite. We decided that after dinner, in the cover of darkness, that we'd put on the waders and head back out there...hoping to catch one. I really wanted Bly to get one tonight...I've felt the rush of adrenaline fighting these powerful fish, but she hadn't yet.

Anyways, we put our little one to bed and headed out. We were there for about an hour, when suddenly she yells "FISH ON!!". This fish put up a great fight...pulling lots of drag...darting left and right, but she handled the fish beautifully....skillfully bringing it away from all kinds of potential snag type structure.

After a 15 minute fight, she lands her first Chinook from shore. Not a huge one, but a nice one at that. It measured in at 34" and weighed just a tad over 13 pounds.

firstshoresalmon34inches13pounds1ou.jpg

Here's a pretty cool release shot. It swam away strongly after just a few minutes of reviving....

release.jpg

Nice going. :clapping: You might have gotten one earlier if you hadn't given me your spot on Friday night were I lost two. Thanks for being so gracious. MJL did end up landing one old boot in the trib later that night. The fight is so different in shallow water isn't it.

Congratulations!

No more casting spoon(s) for you guys ?

We cast spoons until the waters are ice covered....so no worries about that...LOL.

We both float fish for salmon and trout in the tribs, but also keep at pounding the shores of lakes for other species as well.