My Rant about bad service

mattyk

Also stay away from Seaway Marine in Whitby. Absolutely brutal service!!!!!!! Can't begin to describe the incompetence of this so called marina. They actually knowingly removed fully functioning parts from my motor and didn't disclose this to me. They never even replaced the parts!! Wrote letter to BRP, got brush off from them too!

Yikes, I am surprised at the lack of customer service these days, in all areas of business. Hopefully you can get things sorted out, your experience is mind boggling, do your best to keep your sanity bud.

I think we as a society accept things for what they are too often, instead of standing up for our rights as consumers.

Personally, If I had a dollar for everytime my Tim Hortons coffee was burnt, or incorrectly mixed (Eg. milk instead of cream) I'd have enough to buy a Lund :lol: But, I am guilty of not walking back in and returning it, as I am sure many others do as well. If we all went back in and carped everytime maybe they would get it right (or just start spitting in our coffee :lol: )

Tony

Yikes, I am surprised at the lack of customer service these days, in all areas of business. Hopefully you can get things sorted out, your experience is mind boggling, do your best to keep your sanity bud.

I think we as a society accept things for what they are too often, instead of standing up for our rights as consumers.

Personally, If I had a dollar for everytime my Tim Hortons coffee was burnt, or incorrectly mixed (Eg. milk instead of cream) I'd have enough to buy a Lund :lol: But, I am guilty of not walking back in and returning it, as I am sure many others do as well. If we all went back in and carped everytime maybe they would get it right (or just start spitting in our coffee :lol: )

Tony

Be very glad I dont buy stuff from you because I am a ditchI guess its from dealing with jobbers and contractors all the time and because i truly believe if im seperating myself from my hard earned cash You will make sure im a satisfied customer and not talk to me out of the side of your mouth

Maybe this is a good business to start up Hmmmmmmmmm!

Edited by BITEME

Also stay away from Seaway Marine in Whitby. Absolutely brutal service!!!!!!! Can't begin to describe the incompetence of this so called marina. They actually knowingly removed fully functioning parts from my motor and didn't disclose this to me. They never even replaced the parts!! Wrote letter to BRP, got brush off from them too!

I had great service from Seaway Marine in Whitby this past spring,

I needed some work done in a hurry so I would not miss the Walleye opener most people wanted me to wait 2-4 weeks, Seaway had me on the water in time for the opener.

i have added an update by editing my first post about a discussion that i had with the manager of legend boats.

Well thats to bad the manager has that attitude and that would explain the lousy service if the manager does not care why would anybody else.

I would think he has lost business due to your post and serves him right.

Power to the people!

This thread actually got OFC a new member :thumbsup_anim:

I though we were the only ones with LEGEND trouble! We purchased a 19.5 excalibur which was rated for 175HP sold underpowered with a 90hp so we put on a 150 optimax. After one year on Lake Erie the boat split in half due to metal fatique. They said we hit something and warranty was void. The only good thing about buying the LEGEND was now we OWN a 621 Ranger thank you LEGEND your boats suck ass but we now have one amazing ride. I would say more but due to legalities we are not finished with this yet.

Matt if you could please get in touch with me that would be great I'll PM you my info right now.

Thank you for this information. After a screw-up, do people not understand the concept of "making things right"? I live in Barrie, and was seriously considering a Legend for my next boat purchase (within a year or 2). They are now off the list. Mistakes can happen, its how you deal with the mistakes that proves your worth. You my friend, were hosed. They are taking their customers for granted.

Well, if all goes well I hope to be buying a new boat next spring, guess what it WON"T be?

Thanks for the post, sharing information, good, or bad is what makes this site the "Go To Place"!

Hope the manager does see this, I wonder how many sales he has lost because of his attitude and service (or lack of).

Don't worry about him threatening you, as long as you are telling the truth, I doubt there is anything he can do!

I'm shocked, truly shocked! not that Legend failed you, but that you expected them to right a wrong. They have a staff turn over that is unbelieveable. On two occassions I had to go there, there was a different service manager each time.

I had my boat winterized there once, and only once. Although I own a Legend boat that I purchased used, it was never on my list of new boat dealers. I am pleased with the boat model I own, and really never had a problem. Most of the service, minor repairs, in line gas filters, lower unit lube and fogging can be done in your back yard. For reliable service, word of mouth travels faster than the speed of light.

It is too bad that the service manager at Legend boats does not have a clue about after market service or customer satisfaction. He can threaten all he wants, but, if he didn't have the hangy downs to look after a minor customer problem, he won't have them to pursue the matter further.

I understand that Top Gun Marine in Innisfil comes highly recommended for after market service. I haven't been in need of major repairs, but the number to tournament boats lined up for service, leads me to believe this is the place to get quality service.

Good luck

John

I'm glad I bought a Lowe.

I almost bought a Legend from the Ft. Erie dealer. Then one day I was driving down the 400 and stopped into the company owned Legend dealer on the highway. I met that "Jeff" guy, apparently the owners son, and instantly took a disliking to him and the company. That guy should be working in the parts room away from the public!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, with any luck your dissatisfaction and the other comments on this board may help you out.

Why does Matt keep bringing the boat back to the same place for repair?

There must be other authorized service places that will do the warranty work.

Can anyone recommend one?

Who does Mercury recommend off the record?

Stuntman

Edited by stuntman

Why does Matt keep bringing the boat back to the same place for repair

my guess is because they are the ones who will do it for free! If I had a poor repair job I'd bring it back to the same place to get them to fix their mistake at no cost...good luck getting them to pay another marina for fixing their mistake. Now if it was under warranty that's a whole different story, I'd be getting someone else to work on the boat asap.

boy! am glad i bought my Alumcraft navigator sport 175. i have little to no problem with my boat, and runs smooth on the water, great ride. i recommend Alumcraft boat in a wink of an eye. happy fishing, see you on the water, walleyedreamer.

I'll second the recommendation for Alumacraft. Mine has served me well for close to 15 years now.

Everyboat Manufactor has issues, Legend is no different.

I have had my Legend boat since 2004, there were a few minor design flaws and a few small issues that I chose to fix myself rather than leave it at the dealer for a month.

The one thing that Legend does offer is value,

Under powered is all in the eye of the driver. For me and the dog, 25Hp is fine a 40(HP) would have been great but that would have been an over kill and gas hog for me (But NICE).

I am by no means a fan of bad service.. Bad service is bad service and you should always RANT and point it out. Here is a great area due to the many visitors and I hope the staff in Barrie reads this. I would not take my Legend back there for engin repairs due to this.

I just wanted to put out there that I like my Legend, and everything so far from Legend has been great. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice rig for a fair value.

If anything its made in CANADA well at last check anyway :(

Here's one for the President and Marketing Manager at Legend.

As of right now, there has been 1,987 page views.

Imagine people on this site are prime boat buyers and sportsmen. The one's that read the post are probably actively interested in fishing boats. Imagine each has 8 sporting friends.

That's eight people each reader can directly influence who will then influence their family's, friends, coworkers, etc.

Imagine in the next five years, two of them buy a boat.

Almost every one of the 1,987 readers of this thread would say - buy a Lund / buy anything else / forget the Legend

Thats 3,974 lost sales. At $15k average, that's $59.6 million in lost sales.

And thats 3,974 owners of other boats that willl go on to tell everyone how much they like thier new non-Legend purchase - for even more lost sales.

All the ads in Ontario Outdoors can't sell $60million in boats as fast as one post on OFC can make those sales go up in smoke.

Bad service is stupid on Legend's part and someone should be fired.

If anything its made in CANADA well at last check anyway :(

My understanding is that the hulls are made in the USA by SmokerCraft and only the trim is added in Canada. If buying Canadian is a priority then I would suggest MistyRiver. PrinceCraft is also made in Canada but they are American owned.