My Rant about bad service

mattyk

I would just like to thank this this tread and everyones imput.

I was considering a Legend boat for bugetary reasons. However, I have now reconsidered. You are not only purchase a boat, you are also purchasing the service that comes along with it.

I would think, that the greatest margins are made in the servicing and not the sale. Similar to a car.

Great job with with the post. If this post had not come about, there would be more unhappy customers.

:clapping:

Edited by sunfish

I will never buy another Legend, I bought one two years ago and had nothing but problems, I am sure it was a "Friday afternoon special " . When I contacted the dealer they in turn tried to get a hold of legend and they never did reply to them. I sent an e-mail to the head of Legend and he only got back to me about a month after I had taken the boat back and bought an Alumacraft which is the best boat I have purchased and will only purchase in the future. I only had the legend for 2 months and it cost me 2 grand but at least I have a better quality boat. It is too bad because I wanted to support a Canadioan company. You get what you pay for I guess, but thats no excuse for poor service or rude service.

My understanding is that the hulls are made in the USA by SmokerCraft and only the trim is added in Canada. If buying Canadian is a priority then I would suggest MistyRiver. PrinceCraft is also made in Canada but they are American owned.

Smokercraft does supply the Riveted hulls, the all welded hulls are supplied by Monark marine.

I have a 1999 Smokercraft 178 Fazer (Legend considered it at the time a V188). The centerline length is 17' 8". The gunwale length is 18' 8".

Marketing :wallbash: