Camp Jiggy Jiggy....

TJQ

Well we went back up to camp to install the new woodstove and build the bunks... and have a little R & R as well. Moniques mom came in with us.. quite the journey for her.. at 77!!

It was a great 4 days, On Sunday it was Moniques and I's 18th Anniversary... we celebrated with a glass of Wine, Pork Chops and Beans.. and it was also Averys birthday today.

heres us starting to build the beds...

1.jpg

One down 3 to go...

2.jpg

Finished with shelves...

2a.jpg

Time for some bass fishing!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Redneck heaven!!

5.jpg

6.jpg

Kids and Grandma!

7.jpg

Anniversary Martooni!

8.jpg

My favourite position

9.jpg

Avery get the big one!!

11.jpg

12.jpg

Grandma nails the biggest pickeral caught at camp yet!!

13.jpg

14.jpg

small bass.

15.jpg

Yummy Pickeral!!

16.jpg

I just thought this shot was nice,,, maybe for the Food and Drink Magazine at the LCBO

17.jpg

Grandma gets another nice pike... lol.. she wouldn't hold this one..

18.jpg

The famous furry arm airborne release!

19.jpg

Managed to break in the BBQ we brought in...

21.jpg

Is it possible theres a fish in all that mess....

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Looking up river

25.jpg

New stove installed this time...

26.jpg

Our camp shower.... ( my next project is to build the shower/sauna house... )

27.jpg

We even brought a projector up so we could watch movies cinema style...

36.jpg

35.jpg

Grandma turned Avery into quite the crib shark....

32.jpg

Here's some hot bass action with Jaden.

33.jpg

34.jpg

Another great few days at camp, saw lotsa partridge and put out a game camera on a trail to see if theres much action.. cant wait till hunting starts....

30a.jpg

Niiiiiiiice! tell Avery I imma gonna kick his butt in Cribbage! LOL... Gonna put a piece of tin or half inch cement board behind that stove?

Camp Jiggy Jiggy looks like paradise to me!

Gerritt.

Yup... im gonna bring some tin in next time.. and a smoke alarm as well...

WOW Tj that place has come along way I just wish we were still heading up that way every year but I dont know when it will be next you have a place for many great years of awsome memories to come also nice to see the young ones make the trip up at 77 that is very energetic.

Looks like the camp is taking shape and it won't be long before you start taking reservations.....lol.....Also after Gerrit,I'm next in line to kick Avery's butt @ crib.....Glad to see everyone had a good time at the camp and congrats at 18 years.....And TJ ,I can hardly wait either,I'm starting my pile today,......TC and tight lines all.....Chuck and Shelley..........

Great report TJ! Spending all this family time up there is what summer is all about. Great pics too...loved the wine glass shot and that tiny pike...LOL. I guess people have to stop saying you never catch anything...I see you caught a baby bass there...hehe. Good on Grandma to outfish everyone with the big fishes for the weekend too!

Happy belated anniversary to you and Monique...and also happy birthday to Avery as well.

....Congratulations on dat der anniversary thing. Fine, fine women you got there boss who's willing to spend it working and relaxing in a bush camp. :clapping:

And the camp's looking great as are those fish. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that it took a 77 year old women to show you where the big "eyes" be hiding. ;)

Thanks for the congrats everyone, I have no idea why she put up with me for so long, must be my good looks ....

Its a 4 km quad drive in, most of the rpoad is old logging road and in great shape, the last 700m is trail I widened, pretty rough. Ive seen plenty of Moose tracks at camp, and deer as well, though I don't think there is a deer season there. Theres a bear or two around as well.. lol... thats a fact.

There is plenty of small pike and bass, Ive caught some nice big bass and a few decent pike, theres no shortage of fish, but finding the bigger ones is proving to be a challenge. Theres rapids above and below the camp, I wonder how much migration there is, ie how far up and down do the fish range??

I drove behind a family of 5 partridge on the road in that were two stupid to get off .. lol.. it was pretty funny. Last year I didn't see very many during the summer and last fall the hunting was fantastic, Ive been seeing alot this year so I'm hoping that with the very mild winter we had last year, it will be even better!

We spent alot of time there this summer, which was the plan, I still have to upgrade the crapper, (sorry Roy porcelain id just about outta the question....) and I want to put a nice shower room/sauna in, theres nothing like a shower/sauna at camp.

As for the fishing, I generally don't get a chance, when the kids and/or grandma are in the boat I'm usually the driver/guide/fish remover... OTHERWISE I'D SHOW 'EM!!!! Interestingly enough the pickeral was caught on my favorite lucky strike spoon, which I though was odd... we've still fished/jigged for them without much luck... now I know the big ones are in there.... oh boy.. look out!!

Im anxious to got back up on the 15th for partrdge opening, and check out the game camera I set up to see if what I think is hapening..is happening!!

DSC04952__Small_.JPG