A Trip for the Ages

Marty

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report!! Sounds like you had a few bumps in the road but over all it sounds like a fantastic trip. You lead a good life Marty!!!

Holy Crap.... reel.... m.... reel.... always good advice... glad to see you have a great trip.. when trouble happens, sometimes when it rains it pours....

Alright, now that's just rubbing our noses in it! LOL

Outstanding report!!

Isn't it amusing that on a great trip all those mishaps and breakdowns are a mere inconvenience.

On a bad trip all those mishaps and breakdowns lead to therapy sessions.

-Brian

Now that I'm finally caught up at home and work (and my body has recovered) after 2 weeks of hardcore fishing, I have to send out a couple of thank you's......

Marc...we had GREAT time with you and I can honestly say that I learned more in 3 days with you than I ever could have imagined (trolling techniques, working and tuning jerkbaits, daily lunar periods, etc.). The size and numbers of muskies you put us on was incredible and has to be seen to be believed. You truly are a MASTER of your craft.

Roy and J...I can't thank you enough for the OUTSTANDING meal and hospitality! Everything was first rate and you two really went above and beyond! It was great seeing you again and I look forward to meeting up again sooner than later!!

As Marty said, it really was a trip for the ages! Big fish and lots of fish. Great memories with family and friends...even with the minor mechanical problems. I dropped of the boat this morning to get an estimate on the damage to the motor. It has a broken and bent skeg, the stainless prop is bent and scraped, and it appears that the propeller shaft is slightly bent. Oh well...I guess that's what insurance is for. It was worth it anyway after a trip like we had!!!

Now the hard part....waiting another full year until we get the chance to head north again!

Tony

.....Super spectacular. Now that's the kind of thing I'd have loved over a bachelor party, either time! Despite the few mishaps yous had a great time and got home safe. Wish I'd have seen you on the way through. Praps you could schedule your highway troubles closeer to my place, like last year. :D

Tony and Marty and Ed in closing I leave you on these words by Green Day of course

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

So make the best of this test, and don't ask why

It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.

I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind

Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial

For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.

I hope you had the time of your life.

Edited by marc thorpe